Port Forwarding on a Sky Hub SR203

chopperrus

Midfield
Morning

Has anyone managed to setup port forwarding on a sky hub. I followed instructions that i've found online but none seem to be for the newer routers. Every time I try I get a session timed out error message which seems pretty common on these routers. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Morning

Has anyone managed to setup port forwarding on a sky hub. I followed instructions that i've found online but none seem to be for the newer routers. Every time I try I get a session timed out error message which seems pretty common on these routers. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

I don't know the router, but are you saying you can't even connect to the router admin console? Could be you need a wired connection for that.

I don't know the router, but are you saying you can't even connect to the router admin console? Could be you need a wired connection for that.

I could login to the router no problem. It’s when you try to make a change and save it. It says it has to reboot the router and at that point it comes up with the error

I could login to the router no problem. It’s when you try to make a change and save it. It says it has to reboot the router and at that point it comes up with the error

What you trying to forward? Show some screenshots if you need. Maybe something you are doing is causing it to get itself in a knot.

What you trying to forward? Show some screenshots if you need. Maybe something you are doing is causing it to get itself in a knot.

I use Mezzmo to stream and manage my films. At home it's fine but away from home a port needs opening to allow access. I'll grab some screen shots later.

I use Mezzmo to stream and manage my films. At home it's fine but away from home a port needs opening to allow access. I'll grab some screen shots later.

Not specifically for your router but others will be similar, have a look here: Setup a port forward in your router to allow incoming connections for multiplayer games, VOIP, DVR, and security cameras.

When you are doing the port forwarding try connecting a machine direct to the ethernet port on the router, just to eliminate any daft wifi connection issues, shouldn't matter mind.

No it doesnt save your changes at all

The session timeout is surely just a red herring. Having made the changes, is there not a separate operation to write them to flash memory? I've been with Virgin since it was NTL so can't comment on the specifics of your router but I'm sure I had similar issues allocating and saving static IP addresses. Good luck!

Back