Port Bierhaus - New boozer

It was an absolute abortion of a place- selling weaker, brewed in the U.K. under licence beers.

Do some people not do any research before they plough tens of thousands on such ventures?
i get the same impression about that place in newcastle that gary the hair built... meant to be some alpine ski lodge selling city centre pish for instagram likes.

i don't work in the pub game, but as a punter if you sell decent drink, they will come...

i get the same impression about that place in newcastle that gary the hair built... meant to be some alpine ski lodge selling city centre pish for instagram likes.

i don't work in the pub game, but as a punter if you sell decent drink, they will come...
Don’t think this applies to many city centre pubs. The youth don’t care what you sell, they just want pubs full of other young people.

Don’t think this applies to many city centre pubs. The youth don’t care what you sell, they just want pubs full of other young people.
agreed... kids can go to ttonic, just don't build something across the road & hang your coat on one peg and attempt to chase all the rest.

best example i can give is the Tap chain, they sell really good beer coupled with locations opposite transport hubs and are doing really well - partly down to owning the controlling stake in the czech brewery that is their core supply.

agreed... kids can go to ttonic, just don't build something across the road & hang your coat on one peg and attempt to chase all the rest.

best example i can give is the Tap chain, they sell really good beer coupled with locations opposite transport hubs and are doing really well - partly down to owning the controlling stake in the czech brewery that is their core supply.
I used to find it strange back in the 90s (when all I drank was session bitter and alcopops) when people started saying they didn’t like such and such pub cos they didn’t like the beer. I just thought go there and find something you do like. I’m much the same nowadays . I’ll always look for cask ale as a first choice, but if a pub doesn’t sell it I won’t omit it from the route, I’ll just get something else in there.

I used to find it strange back in the 90s (when all I drank was session bitter and alcopops) when people started saying they didn’t like such and such pub cos they didn’t like the beer. I just thought go there and find something you do like. I’m much the same nowadays . I’ll always look for cask ale as a first choice, but if a pub doesn’t sell it I won’t omit it from the route, I’ll just get something else in there.

vesatility that Dave, Id drink owt too.

I am one of the twisty fuckers who tries to get my mates to skip pubs with a crap choice. Nowt worse than going into a pub and being face with a choice of Carling, Fosters, Strongbow and John Smiths. When I was younger though I just wanted to get as much liquid into me for the lowest price possible.

I am one of the twisty fuckers who tries to get my mates to skip pubs with a crap choice. Nowt worse than going into a pub and being face with a choice of Carling, Fosters, Strongbow and John Smiths. When I was younger though I just wanted to get as much liquid into me for the lowest price possible.

If all else fails go for Guiness, but it's rare that pubs dont have at least one decent lager, stella, or something like hop house or a real ale. I'll drink strongbow or most ciders other than woodpecker, then there is bottles, or if nowt else still go for a G&T or a sip a double scotch. I've ever not been able to get a drink in a pub

If all else fails go for Guiness, but it's rare that pubs dont have at least one decent lager, stella, or something like hop house or a real ale. I'll drink strongbow or most ciders other than woodpecker, then there is bottles, or if nowt else still go for a G&T or a sip a double scotch. I've ever not been able to get a drink in a pub

Aye most pubs do have atleast one passable option nowadays.

the domes hartlepool have a couple of lagers, a beer n guiness, all of which tasted 60% washing up liquid. Some feat.

Back