Pork Belly recipes?

I've bought a pork belly and looking to have it tomorrow so plenty time to prep, marinade whatever. Looking for a decent recipe to impress the missus who has turned her nose up at the thought of it, ideally one with crispy crackling.

I'm reluctant to post this as you may never want to eat a different meal again, it's that good.

I often do this and can also recommend it. You can tweak the ingredients to suit the heat you prefer.

I've bought a pork belly and looking to have it tomorrow so plenty time to prep, marinade whatever. Looking for a decent recipe to impress the missus who has turned her nose up at the thought of it, ideally one with crispy crackling.
Cook the fat/skin separate mate high as you can for 30/40 mins before serving with mustard and salt. Whip the meat in the slow cooker in the morning. Only way to get crispy skin and tender meat.

why not check out the recipes on youtube, you tube before you buy it ? :lol::lol:

Korean Bossam. Traditional cooking equipment may be an issue, but that’s the recipe I’d recommend.

Rub the underside with oil, salt, pepper and your choice of any or all of: fennel seeds, lemon zest, 5spice
Rub the top with salt and olive oil.
Roast for 30 minutes at 180 (fan) on a bed of onion and carrots
Turn the oven down to 160 for 2 hours
Turn up to 30 minutes at 180.

Scoff melting meat and crispy crackling....

is it just me that whacks it in the oven for a couple of hours? just dry the skin well rub with a bit salt and pepper and away you go. It`s belly so plenty of flavour anyway and being belly stays as juicy as owt. Flicky if the mrs turn her nose up tell her to sell her taste buds cos she obviously has nee use for them. Can`t beat belly pork and I honestly can`t see why folk are so sniffy about it

Back