Porage/porridge

guess it's laziness or portion control on my part or the missus. Tend to have it more often in a spell of poor weather and dont like having part opened boxes lying about. Maybe give a box a go at the beginning of next winter. They do have the ratios for oats and milk on the box above 1 oats to 2 milk?
Do see plenty of those overnight oats recipes about so I presume you just used the porridge for those? I guess a box emptied into a sealed container might be the way forward next year as stocked up with Sachets on offer:lol:
Yeah basically 1 part oats to 2 parts milk (adjust slightly depending on the consistency you like). For overnight stuff there are lots of different recipes but all I do is the same porridge and milk mix in my bowl and maybe some dried fruit in with it to plump up, but you can add that in the morning also. Then a bit clingfilm or a saucer over the top (or do it in a tupperware box with a lid).

As for storing the dry porridge, some of the cardboard boxes have pretty good reseals, or if it's a bag I find bulldog clips do the job perfectly.

Personally I wouldn't use the sachets unless I had no choice. Apart from the cost/health/taste benefits, it's not hard to cook normal porridge in the microwave once you've got your routine sorted. I put half a cup of oats in a bowl, add nearly a full cup of milk, stick in microwave 2 mins, stir, another 2 mins, then it's done (maybe a touch longer for some kinds of oats which take longer to cook). You can even soak in the milk overnight in the fridge which softens it further too and helps flavours develop.

Love porridge me, and great if you're trying to keep a lid on weight with all the slow release carbs (esp if you avoid the quick cook variety).

Cheers mate...you're not too bad yourself

I didn't know he died!
SEB ;)

Just do what Epps said and buy basic oats, all that other stuff is a rip off, I have it every morning with half a table spoon of Honey, done it for years now.

Yeah basically 1 part oats to 2 parts milk (adjust slightly depending on the consistency you like). For overnight stuff there are lots of different recipes but all I do is the same porridge and milk mix in my bowl and maybe some dried fruit in with it to plump up, but you can add that in the morning also. Then a bit clingfilm or a saucer over the top (or do it in a tupperware box with a lid).

As for storing the dry porridge, some of the cardboard boxes have pretty good reseals, or if it's a bag I find bulldog clips do the job perfectly.

I just keep it in a plastic store tub. costa coup fo quid. we use quite a few as the missus always makes crumbles and uses oats for the crumble

Logon or register to see this image

Back