Popular fashion No No's

Bootcut jeans and shoes.

Skin tight half mast ripped jeans.

V neck t shirts with a very low V.

Polo shirt with the buttons unfastened.
Get away....the endless debate about polo shirts and the done/undone nature of their buttons. I was taught at an early age that the top button on a shirt should only be fastened if a tie is to be worn, and I carry this over to polo shirts (even though you’d have to be a psychopath to wear a tie with one). I tell you what’ll upset you more....I always pop the collar on my polo shirts too....cos I’m absolutely mental like that.

Can I undo my top button?

No it looks slovenly.

Get away....the endless debate about polo shirts and the done/undone nature of their buttons. I was taught at an early age that the top button on a shirt should only be fastened if a tie is to be worn, and I carry this over to polo shirts (even though you’d have to be a psychopath to wear a tie with one). I tell you what’ll upset you more....I always pop the collar on my polo shirts too....cos I’m absolutely mental like that.

You sound like you've given up.

Knackers with the collar up are a worse concern ,the Hackett boys

It’s funny really, a lot of my fashion basic no-no’s (don’t tuck your top into your underpants, no top button unless wearing a tie, etc) were drilled into me by my dad, and as I grew up I realised that, sartorially, he is pretty f***ing awful (although, he doesn’t give two shits what anyone thinks of him, which is cool as fuck imo). So maybe everything I stand for is wrong....

Knackers with the collar up are a worse concern ,the Hackett boys
I wear my collar up, mate. Just something I’ve done since pretending to be Eric Cantona on the school football pitch. And I reckon Cantona’s a pretty hip cat.

It’s funny really, a lot of my fashion basic no-no’s (don’t tuck your top into your underpants, no top button unless wearing a tie, etc) were drilled into me by my dad, and as I grew up I realised that, sartorially, he is pretty f***ing awful (although, he doesn’t give two shits what anyone thinks of him, which is cool as fuck imo). So maybe everything I stand for is wrong....

I wear my collar up, mate. Just something I’ve done since pretending to be Eric Cantona on the school football pitch. And I reckon Cantona’s a pretty hip cat.
He was hip cos he had the skill to back it up .

Trainers that aren't Adidas Gazelles.
Tops that aren't a Fred Perry polo shirt.
Trousers that aren't blue jeans.
Jackets that aren't Harrington.
Coats that aren't a quilted Barbour.

How did I do?

Back