Poor Things

Anyone watched it yet? Thinking of going to the flicks this weekend, great reviews, looks miles better than the rest of the dirge on offer (the new Anthony Hopkins film notwithstanding). Not sure if it’ll be the Mrs’ kind of thing, is it bonkers and accessible or just completely bonkers?

Anyone watched it yet? Thinking of going to the flicks this weekend, great reviews, looks miles better than the rest of the dirge on offer (the new Anthony Hopkins film notwithstanding). Not sure if it’ll be the Mrs’ kind of thing, is it bonkers and accessible or just completely bonkers?
One of my other half's favourite books but he is dead miffed that they haven't set it in Glasgow like the book.

Couple of friends seen it already and say it is really really great.

Report back please

Going on Saturday. I haven't been to the pictures since COVID but this is the first thing which has tempted me back.

Haven't read the book so only going off the trailers.

It's very good, one of the best movies I've seen for some time.

Set in an alternative universe (a bit Bioshock if you've played that game) it's a "coming of age" with a big difference. The main actors are all superb, especially Stone and Ruffalo, and the story builds momentum throughout. Lots of nudity and sex, it's quite bonkers in part but never so you lose where it is heading. Get it watched.

Back