Pompey starting to get going

Rotherham would be another threat.

They remind me of Barnsley last season in terms of a slow start but are now gaining momentum.
Up to 4th

I’m not one of those “sack the manager” types but I must admit a few decisions this season couple with the tail end of last season left me feeling somewhat bewildered! And then after the Wycombe game it was loud and clear “we want jackett out” was the song, you feel there is no turning from that, however the owners have stuck by him. As they said they would... and quietly we’re becoming hard to beat again. BUT and it’s a big but.... our next 5 or 6 games are very tough games, so I think it will be very telling where we are at after this run of games ... 12 points from the next 6 games and were in with a shout of a decent season

UP THE BLUES!!!

2 points behind us with same amount of games played.

I worry they might become a promotion threat in an already competitive league.

@chave @pfceggchaser whats the general vibe at your end?
Nee promotion threat to us marra!Shit team with no chance of top six.

Just to clarify that ,its us I am talking about not Pompey.
Just about every other team in the league should be classes as a 'promotion threat' to us and will continue to be under the current setup.Midtable crap if that.

I remain unconvinced personally. The squad is always a top half of the table squad, but the ambition was for so much more. I also think there are better sides out there, as per the next few fixtures. There’s a lot I still really question about KJ tactically.

The home games before Christmas and the window are key. Top 4 come to Fratton in the 4 league home games before the new year. Wycombe may be top, but I fancy us in that one. The 3 before that are 3 teams I think possibly have an edge - Rotherham, Posh and Ipswich. The latter will win the league in my view. We also need to go and sign 2 quality central midfielders, one attacking, one defensive. Our Jan recruitment has been shite for years now, offsetting what is normally good work done in the Summer.

Top 6 is on. Not top 2 though. Too far adrift.

The key thing for me recently in terms of our recent upturn is Curtis is starting to find his form again after blowing up at the end of last season and at the start of this. I don’t think there’s a better inside left than him in the league when he’s playing the way he is. He got hooked at home to Bolton subjected to a few ironic cheers. Had 3 weeks out, then came back and has looked so much better for it.

Last edited:
I remain unconvinced personally. The squad is always a top half of the table squad, but the ambition was for so much more. I also think there are better sides out there, as per the next few fixtures. There’s a lot I still really question about KJ tactically.

The home games before Christmas and the window are key. Top 4 come to Fratton in the 4 league home games before the new year. Wycombe may be top, but I fancy us in that one. The 3 before that are 3 teams I think possibly have an edge - Rotherham, Posh and Ipswich. The latter will win the league in my view. We also need to go and sign 2 quality central midfielders, one attacking, one defensive. Our Jan recruitment has been shite for years now, offsetting what is normally good work done in the Summer.

Top 6 is on. Not top 2 though. Too far adrift.

The key thing for me recently in terms of our recent upturn is Curtis is starting to find his form again after blowing up at the end of last season and at the start of this. I don’t think there’s a better inside left than him in the league when he’s playing the way he is. He got hooked at home to Bolton subjected to a few ironic cheers. Had 3 weeks out, then came back and has looked so much better for it.
Will back that up. Good run of form that we've been due after some unlucky results, however not looking like a promotion side. Defence and centre midfield are too nervous and our summer defensive signings have massively underwhelmed - yesterday we played a left back at right back, a right back in midfield, and a centre forward at centre back, while the centre back and right back we signed in the summer didn't make the side. However, a good January window and the return of Jack Whatmough could transform the team.

If we get our back line stable, then we can go up. Our front line is starting to click into place. As well as Curtis getting his form back, John Marquis has been reinvented as an attacking midfielder, and it's transformed our attack. We've scored 7 in the 2 games in the league with him playing there, and its allowed him to influence the game while taking the pressure of being top scorer off of him.

I reckon we'll make play-offs again this year, but its increasingly looking like a transitional year and that next year will be our big promotion push.

Back