POLL - Who do you want to be our next manager?

Who do you want to be our next manager?

• Danny Cowley

Votes: 80 14.2%
  • Gustavo Poyet

Votes: 80 14.2%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 198 35.1%
  • John O'Shea

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Lee Johnson

Votes: 31 5.5%
  • Sol Campbell

Votes: 13 2.3%
  • Kevin Phillips

Votes: 21 3.7%
  • Eddie Howe

Votes: 59 10.5%
  • Daniel Stendel

Votes: 12 2.1%
  • Jocelyn Gourvennec

Votes: 20 3.5%
  • Pep Clotet

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • John Terry

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Steve McClaren

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Nigel Adkins

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Julio Arca

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Paul Cook

Votes: 15 2.7%
  • Graham Alexander

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Other (Please name below)

Votes: 10 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This poll is ridiculous anyway mind. Lets not pretend it's an insight into the great knowledge of Sunderland fans.

60% of our fans want a manager that last managed an English team in the Premier League (Howe, Pearson, Poyet). Seems a stretch, Poyet was an outside shot due to previous time here but turned us down.

6% want ex players that have never managed before.

3.6% want a French bloke that they haven't actually heard of other than a thread on here.

2.4% want managers last sacked in League 2.

1.6% voted for joke inclusions (Clotet and Mclaren).

Thats 73.6% of fans who voted for something unrealistic or ridiculous.

Being realistic, there's only 5 credible names on that list:

Cowley - 14.1%
Johnson - 4.6%
Stendal - 2.6%
Cook - 2.6%
Adkins - 0.2%

I said Terry on the basis we may get some decent loans from Chelsea in Jan, that wouldn't count to this annoying wage cap. Can't stand the bloke though.
Also I assumed Poyet, Pearson and Howe would be out of reach. After that it's flip a coin

This poll is ridiculous anyway mind. Lets not pretend it's an insight into the great knowledge of Sunderland fans.

60% of our fans want a manager that last managed an English team in the Premier League (Howe, Pearson, Poyet). Seems a stretch, Poyet was an outside shot due to previous time here but turned us down.

3.6% want a French bloke that they haven't actually heard of other than a thread on here.

Cowley - 14.1%
Johnson - 4.6%
Stendal - 2.6%
Cook - 2.6%
Adkins - 0.2%

So less than 1% want someone who has achieved nothing in his career.

It’s all about statistics

Cowley - 14.1%
Johnson - 4.6%
Stendal - 2.6%
Cook - 2.6%
Adkins - 0.2%

Poll was not titled "who is realistically the next Sunderland manager", it was titled "who do you want"

Who voted for Campbell :lol:

Guilty as charged your Honour!

Obviously it won't happen i was just thinking of the entertainment said appointment would offer on here. Eddie Howe would, in my opinion, be a first class appointment. Too far North for him however. What could possibly be selling point however is what bigger job is he likely to be offered in the near future?

You went for Johnson yet you’d never heard of him, and have the cheek to have a dig at fans on here :oops:
I voted for him only because it looks like he's getting it. Might as well get onboard and show a bit positivity was my thinking.

I really want Klopp.

Last edited:
I voted for him only because it looks like he's getting it. Might as well get onboard and show a bit positivity was my thinking.

Not sure you understand the meaning of a poll mind ;)

I personally think Speakman is a good addition, but Johnson wouldn’t have been my choice.

As it looks like it’s him though all we can do is get behind him and hope for the best. I’m pleased we at least seem to be putting long term structure in place. Onwards and upwards

Not sure you understand the meaning of a poll mind ;)

I personally think Speakman is a good addition, but Johnson wouldn’t have been my choice.

As it looks like it’s him though all we can do is get behind him and hope for the best. I’m pleased we at least seem to be putting long term structure in place. Onwards and upwards
I was pissed. There was no understanding :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back