Poll: so should it have been a penalty?

Was it a penalty

• Yes

Votes: 205 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 344 62.7%

• Total voters

I’m baffled how people can be so utterly convinced that it was ‘never a penalty’.
Maybe, maybe not. It could be accidental- but he definitely slaps the ball away. He lowers his arm towards the ball, yes - that happens when jumping, but he is watching the ball, rotates his palm towards it and slaps it away. That is not a natural movement. His arm suddenly accelerates when it’s obvious the French player was missing the header.
He smacks it nice and square on. I don’t see why the ref’s getting stick for this.

This

Tin hat on!!!

I thought this was a poll?

No matter what our opinions, the fact is the VAR referee and the match referee deemed it was a penalty and the French have won the World Cup and nothing is going to change that fact!!!

It shouldn't be really. It has to be deliberate. How many times do you see a player deliberately handle the ball in a game? Once in a blue moon.
Did you watch the Chelsea v Barca match when Drogba went mental?
I’ve never seen anything like it. 2 obviously handballs that the ref just waved away, and booked Drogba after the match for complaining to the camera :lol:

I thought he brought his hand down on it when he realised that Umtiti had missed it. One particular angle made it look fairly blatant. Not sure it's 'clear and obvious' but it's far from the howler that people are saying either imo.

This. I thought it was a penalty. For me, Perisic is jumping weirdly, he is in an odd position - and I think, harsh though it is, that constitutes deliberate handball.

It was a 50-50 call tbh though, so I can see why people would not have it given. What I can't understand is those - particularly one certain wankstain pundit - who were fuming about it, as if it there was no case for the penalty. There was an argument there, surely people can see that?

Did you watch the Chelsea v Barca match when Drogba went mental?
I’ve never seen anything like it. 2 obviously handballs that the ref just waved away, and booked Drogba after the match for complaining to the camera :lol:

To this day, I am yet to see a more disgraceful referee performance than that match. Ballack looked like he was going to twat him - I've never seen anything like it either.

No candle for Chelsea whatsoever - but they were robbed, absolutely robbed, in that match.

This. I thought it was a penalty. For me, Perisic is jumping weirdly, he is in an odd position - and I think, harsh though it is, that constitutes deliberate handball.

It was a 50-50 call tbh though, so I can see why people would not have it given. What I can't understand is those - particularly one certain wankstain pundit - who were fuming about it, as if it there was no case for the penalty. There was an argument there, surely people can see that?

To this day, I am yet to see a more disgraceful referee performance than that match. Ballack looked like he was going to twat him - I've never seen anything like it either.

No candle for Chelsea whatsoever - but they were robbed, absolutely robbed, in that match.
It was unbelievable. Normally I can reluctantly see it from both sides (after a few days). That Chelsea game made me so f***ing angry and I don’t like Chelsea :lol:

I’m baffled how people can be so utterly convinced that it was ‘never a penalty’.
Maybe, maybe not. It could be accidental- but he definitely slaps the ball away. He lowers his arm towards the ball, yes - that happens when jumping, but he is watching the ball, rotates his palm towards it and slaps it away. That is not a natural movement. His arm suddenly accelerates when it’s obvious the French player was missing the header.
He smacks it nice and square on. I don’t see why the ref’s getting stick for this.
BOTH his arms come down and the French player directly in front of him flicks it on.

You do know the law includes the word deliberate tho?
Yes. I think it's a pen and you don't. Some people (including the match officials) agree with me, some people agree with you. No one's right really, when there's this much debate it's impossible to say either way.

You clearly have no clue what the laws of the game are. Go off and have a read then come back.
Giz a clue then.

Yes. I think it's a pen and you don't. Some people (including the match officials) agree with me, some people agree with you. No one's right really, when there's this much debate it's impossible to say either way.
I get that there are differing opinions. But you said it’s not deliberate but a pen. That contradicts the law directly

Back