RTG Poll: Jack Ross in or out? - poll closed

Jack Ross in or out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not a one for saying sack the manager but I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if he was finally given the push. We are no closer to a coherent style of play since the day he arrived which is astonishing tbf. Who we replace him with is a toughy mind.

Are you happy with the way we play football? I'm not and those statistics you've posted aren't good enough to get us promoted automatically, so I presume you must be happy to stay in this league as well.
Anyway, how does not enjoying watching us be outplayed most weeks in the third tier while playing absolutely terrible football with no improvement in sight make us mags?

Can you imagine how the mags would react if they’d spent double the rest of the Premier League combined and finished 5th? Or any other team for that matter.

14 wins in 34 in 2019 I believe. We're a league 1 side.

Yes I think he should go. I see no pattern to our play. No real evidence that things have improved from last season. And they had to.

Appreciate all those who want to stick by him.

Your mag comment is absolutely f***ing pathetic by the way.
A lot of stats not getting put into context to defend him imo, I believe what my eyes tell me and that is that we are under performing big time and have been for a while. The buck stops at Ross.

Actually mind blowing that your defending a managers record in League 1.

We are Sunderland for fuck sake we should expect better if we don't we will never kick on.

The mindset of “oh we’re plucky little Sunderland, happy to make up the numbers without any kind of success whatsoever” is f***ing mindblowing to me.

Can you imagine how the mags would react if they’d spent double the rest of the Premier League combined and finished 5th? Or any other team for that matter.
Hard to imagine tbh. Just look at how they've went on the last few seasons when they've been an okay mid to lower premier league team. The mags would have turned fully on Ross long ago if they were in our position, that's for sure.

He winds me up no end. Almost every game , particularly when , as we do, in the first 15 minutes, time after time, concede the first goal, he comes out with “ we have to work on it “ , we’ve gotta improve it “

He’s had over SIXTY games to mould our defence into something solid enough not only to stop that, but to keep clean sheets, and FAILED. Whatever his “ coaching “ method is, fails most weeks, and he’s had PLENTY of time to sort it, with players who HE brought in. How long are we expected to wait for this “improvement “ FFS!

BSA would have sorted in in 6 games.

He doesn’t know who he wants to play where, what formation he wants to play, then changes whatever he decided in no time during a match. His reshuffling / subbing during a match is baffling .

Apart from that he’s doing a good job .Jesus.

Ross OUT.

Out.

I said give him six games this season to see if things get better. They haven't - it's like watching a repeat of the end of last season. He doesn't know his best starting 11, doesn't seem to able to inspire the players, doesn't seem to have the ability to change the game when we're under the cosh and his buys have been shite.

He is Mini Moyes.

I was with you ( and him ) until the Ipswich match marra. The way we played, and more importantly his post match and subsequent comments have convinced me.
I've had my fill of him on a few occasions - I said sack him now in the immediate aftermath of the play-off final - but ya cool down and think it through a little more. The trouble is who do we appoint? After all, he's still not that bad.

Thing is he'd probably on borrowed time anyway so it's less a case of if but when we should pull the trigger.

His tenure is coming to an end and that poll shows it.

I doubt any of us wanted yet another change in manager but things haven't changed....problems that were clear as day last season still remain and there's not the slightest indication of any improvement.

There's no drive or desire in the man and it reflects in the way the team plays, I honestly think he's better suited to a side that strives for mid table mediocrity.....he's struggling under the pressure that you get from a big club.

I wish the bloke well as he seems a decent fella but this isn't for him. A return to Scotland would be best for all involved.

I've had my fill of him on a few occasions - I said sack him now in the immediate aftermath of the play-off final - but ya cool down and think it through a little more. The trouble is who do we appoint? After all, he's still not that bad.

Thing is he'd probably on borrowed time anyway so it's less a case of if but when we should pull the trigger.

Good post, but SOMEBODY out there MUST be able to stop us conceding the first goal, midfield and forwards we ARE a real threat, we have 5 or even 6 players who can score , enough to worry any defence in this league, and though not world class, we do have enough at the back to cope, but god almighty do they need organising !

Give him another 10 games and if we're not in top 2 by then we get rid.

If we finish in play offs i'm 90% certain we won't go up.

Same problem with last season drawing too many games already.

Good post, but SOMEBODY out there MUST be able to stop us conceding the first goal, midfield and forwards we ARE a real threat, we have 5 or even 6 players who can score , enough to worry any defence in this league, and though not world class, we do have enough at the back to cope, but god almighty do they need organising !
There is one fella I'm confident could do it.

Back