Poll for challenge winner APRIL

POLL: challenge winner APRIL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have seven days to vote and can vote for as many as you like. (feel free to comment only on C&C welcome)

You have seven days to vote and can vote for as many as you like. (feel free to comment only on C&C welcome)

VOTE on this thread! (I'll ask for the other thread to be removed).

C&C welcome from minkeysteve, ayesane, jaxaxe, peachbum

IMO, hardest ever month!

tom tom macute

A clever image with obvious meaning. Not sure of the 'photo of a photo'.. unless IDS was round yours for a pea supper. ;)

minkeysteve

I love the concentric circles - they work very well. The image for me is abit flat though.

Steeeeed

Looks cold. :-D Great detail and bokeh. I'm looking for sour cream.

jaxaxe
excellent idea. Needs abit more contrast on both tone and colour, would have been this months winner if you could combine the lemons with a richer colour fruit (like plums or strawberrys).

peachbum
Did what I described above and mixed the colours up abit! It's balanced very well. Vote

Minkey surely?

The cheesecake looks as though it's through the eyes of a drunken Homer Simpson ;)

Some genuine c&c for peachy - I think the tomato is too dominant in the compo

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, hardest ever month!

tom tom macute

A clever image with obvious meaning. Not sure of the 'photo of a photo'.. unless IDS was round yours for a pea supper. ;)

minkeysteve

I love the concentric circles - they work very well. The image for me is abit flat though.

Steeeeed

Looks cold. :-D Great detail and bokeh. I'm looking for sour cream.

jaxaxe
excellent idea. Needs abit more contrast on both tone and colour, would have been this months winner if you could combine the lemons with a richer colour fruit (like plums or strawberrys).

peachbum
Did what I described above and mixed the colours up abit! It's balanced very well. Vote

Minkeysteve for me.

Just pleased to get a vote for mine, although possibly no one would have a clue about Soylent Green unless they've seen the film, or eaten a Gregg's pastie.

Minkeysteve for me.

Just pleased to get a vote for mine, although possibly no one would have a clue about Soylent Green unless they've seen the film, or eaten a Gregg's pastie.

Any photo of IDS is offensive no matter what the context :p

Some genuine c&c for peachy - I think the tomato is too dominant in the compo
Thank you. I didn't especially think that but went and looked and I could see what you meant.

However in my mind I was thinking tomatoes. My original photos were of tomatoes on a green background (complementary colours and all that), but as photos went on it ended up with tomato(es) with other kitchen vegetables, so the tomato being dominant was sort of meant?

I've voted for just one photo as so few entries.

C&C for those that asked for it.

Ayesane - you would have got my vote but some of the pudding is out of focus and I don't think it is a photo where any should have been out of focus.

Jaxaxe - Welcome to the comp. I like the idea of yours with the fruits and colours, but I would have taken up a different position and lost the crowd from the back of the picture.

Minkey - I like the photograph and it got my vote. (If there would be anything I could add is that I'd like to see the colour version).

Thank you. I didn't especially think that but went and looked and I could see what you meant.

However in my mind I was thinking tomatoes. My original photos were of tomatoes on a green background (complementary colours and all that), but as photos went on it ended up with tomato(es) with other kitchen vegetables, so the tomato being dominant was sort of meant?

I've voted for just one photo as so few entries.

C&C for those that asked for it.

Ayesane - you would have got my vote but some of the pudding is out of focus and I don't think it is a photo where any should have been out of focus.

Jaxaxe - Welcome to the comp. I like the idea of yours with the fruits and colours, but I would have taken up a different position and lost the crowd from the back of the picture.

Minkey - I like the photograph and it got my vote. (If there would be anything I could add is that I'd like to see the colour version).

Thanks preachy. I agree, I needed a flash really :-(

Thanks for the votes

Some good entries this month, couldn't make my mind up between Peachbum & Ayesane so they both got a vote

Ayesane - would have been my outright winner had the whole piece of cake been in focus but I thought that black background / reflection was great (i'd like to be able to do that!)

Peachbum - nice mix of colours and again may have got the outright vote if it was shot just a little further away showing a little more

Thanks for the votes

Some good entries this month, couldn't make my mind up between Peachbum & Ayesane so they both got a vote

Ayesane - would have been my outright winner had the whole piece of cake been in focus but I thought that black background / reflection was great (i'd like to be able to do that!)

Peachbum - nice mix of colours and again may have got the outright vote if it was shot just a little further away showing a little more

It's a polished iPad screen and one of our lasses vest tops out the tumble dryer. :lol: had real light issues so the dof is pretty thin, needed a flash.

cheers for the vote marra.i appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back