polite request

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MorNando

Hi admin,

Any chance we could switch from forumrunner to tapatalk? Over the past few month the app has gone down hill and keeps crashing on peoples android phones.

If you check the store there are so many bad reviews lately.

Anyway, another reason to make the switch is that tapatalk are currently offering it for free on the following competitive android store too so people are likely to get it if supported -

http://www.getjar.com/

Thanks
MorNando

No. I've paid for forum runner like many other people on here. To change it would piss us off.

I like forum runner. On iPhone very very rarely come across and error

IIRC tapatalk wanted to charge the SMB a fortune for using it

IIRC tapatalk wanted to charge the SMB a fortune for using it

Its come down in price now on the iphone and free on android above

Fair enough for those who use it on the iphone though.

no i meant charge the SMB a fortune - as in roger

I have tapatalk integrated on another website of mine. I have tried both.

Its a free plugin you install on the admin front end of the website. Only thing you have to ensure is that the permissions are set to 755 on the back end folder. Easy peasy

If you want a dedicated app with smb's name on it then that will cost a fortune. But you don't do that on forum runner anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tapatalk wanted £2K for a version that didn't push their adverts when I enquired.

There are adverts on forumrunner, but the income from them comes to RTG, not to the forumrunner people, so helps offset the loss of income when people browse via their phones instead of PCs.

However, the main reason Tapatalk wasn't picked was due to the large number of security issues that were present in it. I haven't looked at the code for a long time, but the plugin was very poorly coded initially and allowed SQL injection attacks etc and ignored many of the vB permissions - so I would have no faith using it!

What are the problems you are getting with forumrunner? I use it on android and apart from a minor issue with notifications it all works well for me. I am in touch with the developer so if you can let me know the details I will ensure they are reported.

Tapatalk wanted £2K for a version that didn't push their adverts when I enquired.

There are adverts on forumrunner, but the income from them comes to RTG, not to the forumrunner people, so helps offset the loss of income when people browse via their phones instead of PCs.

However, the main reason Tapatalk wasn't picked was due to the large number of security issues that were present in it. I haven't looked at the code for a long time, but the plugin was very poorly coded initially and allowed SQL injection attacks etc and ignored many of the vB permissions - so I would have no faith using it!

What are the problems you are getting with forumrunner? I use it on android and apart from a minor issue with notifications it all works well for me. I am in touch with the developer so if you can let me know the details I will ensure they are reported.

It kept crashing mate. I deleted and reinstalled the app. Hopefully that sorts it out.

Thanks for getting back to me and I will pm you if I have any further issues. Clearly if others are having no issues then it must just be the install on my phone. I just looked at the latest reviews on the store when I started having issues tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back