Police Officer Killed

The biggest failure is the nhs itself. 111 and the inability to triage from all angles of demand pushes things beyond limits. Whilst ambulances attend calls that belong to someone else, the real stuff waits and suffers. This then knocks on to the staff and they break.
Risk avoidance rather than managing the risk, Human Resources ( this phrase boils my piss) and the opinion of so many employers when “this ones broke , pass me another” just compounds the feeling that so many people don’t feel valued. Why send anyone to the jobs where people were locked in a park? It’s not an emergency, lives arnt at risk so send a parky as and when as in the balance of probabilities, a couple of hours isn’t going to hurt. It’s a defendable decision
Nah man send us, we don’t mind one or 2 little jobs a shift 👍

Just to be clear, Henry Long is not a traveller and has never lived on a traveller site.

His mum is a traveller but she hooked up with his non traveller dad and moved into a council house where he was brought up. He has lived mostly with his dad the last few years in a council flat. He is cousins with one of the 17 year olds charged today and that cousin grew up on a traveller site until 3 years ago when almost the whole site were moved out into council houses.
People from some communities appear to believe they are above the law. Not all but a high percentage. I'm sure many Travelers are good citizens but seem to choose life outside of our social norms. Whether he was a member of that community is irrelevant. He chose who to associate with.

Thanks for that. Wish I hadn't read it now.
Poor bloke.

Regardless of what sentence these lot get, it won't be enough. I do hope Karma is waiting for them on the inside or when they get out
Well i didnt tell you to read it. If anything it should put you off :rolleyes:

Sentence will never be enough. All of it for a quad bike, scum

The driver will get a very long sentence even if found guilty for manslaughter, which he admits to. It is the other 2 I have an interest in. This case has had a personal impact on my families life over the past few months. I know a lot of detail already in this one but am following things very closely.

Reading a bit more. They had disconnected all of the lights from the back of their car in preparation for a getaway after their theft.

No doubt this will form a massive part of their defence, I reckon they'll claim they couldn't see him.

Absolutely rotten, senseless and needless.

The driver will get a very long sentence even if found guilty for manslaughter, which he admits to. It is the other 2 I have an interest in. This case has had a personal impact on my families life over the past few months. I know a lot of detail already in this one but am following things very closely.
They are complicit in the death of a serving police officer and even as youths they should receive a life sentence. This is one case where an example has to be made.
Reading a bit more. They had disconnected all of the lights from the back of their car in preparation for a getaway after their theft.

No doubt this will form a massive part of their defence, I reckon they'll claim they couldn't see him.

Absolutely rotten, senseless and needless.
All things that knowingly put lives at risk.

Last edited:
Poor man. What a horrific way to be killed.

I hope these 3 get what they deserve one day.

I'm not sure how his loved ones can ever recover from knowing that's how he was killed. I don't think anyone could.

Last edited:

Back