Police Officer Killed

We shared a station with the police for a year or so and there wasn’t many days went by where at least one of them didn’t get hurt. Cuts and bruises were common place
Work related stress is quite common too. It is also common in the fire brigade, nhs, council, ambulance services, civil service. You know the public sector where sickness policies are class.

Work related stress is quite common too. It is also common in the fire brigade, nhs, council, ambulance services, civil service. You know the public sector where sickness policies are class.

Or where people in those roles tend to see some pretty horrific things on a regular basis and are exposed to higher level of work related stress than someone who say for example, sees a bit of old felt on a roof.

Obviously I won't post it on here due to the upcoming trial etc. but their alleged actions post incident were disgusting. Police have done some stellar work (along with CPS for a change) to get a charge.

A lot of what happened will come out during the trial. Hopefully, although it won't be murder, a fair few of the others will get charged with other offences.

May is to part to blame in the shitstorm this country has become. Both when she was home sec, and then as PM. The demand on the Police now is an absolute joke, added to that there isn't enough officers. I work in a densely populated area of about 160k people. We used to have between 15-25 just on response. Last year before I moved roles, it went down to 6... It's all well and good Boris wanting 20k new officers, but they aren't just going to appear from thin air. Also, not that I'm getting a grumpy old man before I'm 30, but the standard of some of the newer officers is appalling. They either haven't got a clue, or wouldn't say boo to a goose. MET equivalent to our patch has around 30 officers per shift, but even some shifts they have run on 12.

Whats your patch if you don't mind me asking, that's if you can or are willing to say of course?

Or where people in those roles tend to see some pretty horrific things on a regular basis and are exposed to higher level of work related stress than someone who say for example, sees a bit of old felt on a roof.
Makes you wonder what they expected to see when they joined doesn’t it? You would think they trained these professionals to deal with it wouldn’t you? Maybe there is a problem with the training. Which ever way you look at it the current sickness system in public services is open to abuse.
You do a more dangerous job than a rozzer roofing? No chance pal
I don’t think any of the emergency services make it into the top ten mate. Health and safety. Not taking anything away from them mind they all do a cracking job for poor pay. You have to be a certain type of person to take daily verbal abuse from the very people you are protecting.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder what they expected to see when they joined doesn’t it? You would think they trained these professionals to deal with it wouldn’t you? Maybe there is a problem with the training. Which ever way you look at it the current sickness system in public services is open to abuse.

I don’t think any of the emergency services make it into the top ten mate. Health and safety. Not taking anything away from them mind they all do a cracking job for poor pay. You have to be a certain type of person to take daily verbal abuse from the very people you are protecting.

How do you train someone to deal with trauma of performing CPR to a child similar age to your own and it not being successful and then dealing with the family? Fucks sake man. 🤔

The role is just more demanding than alot of people realise. Many of the new starters are fresh out of education. The job has changed massively in the last decade or so and is even harder than it was.

The training can only do so much and there's no way to find out if people are upto the job until they're actually doing it.

Some things you just can’t train for realistically. You can be trained in how to deal with someone with a knife trying to stab you, until you are in that situation you will never know how you are going to react.

Ambulance staff have higher levels of poor mental health from ptsd than the armed forces. Suicide is nearly double the national average too. I don’t think anyone signed up for that.
Over runs, workload, poor support, sickness policy implications etc etc is the reason why I parted company after over 25 yrs.

Ambulance staff have higher levels of poor mental health from ptsd than the armed forces. Suicide is nearly double the national average too. I don’t think anyone signed up for that.
Over runs, workload, poor support, sickness policy implications etc etc is the reason why I parted company after over 25 yrs.

Yes yes but have ever seen a tile come off a roof? Oh the inhumanity.

Back