Police love travellers.

A bunch moved onto a site 300 metres from my flat last year. TBF, the council shifted them in under a week. Lo and behold, there was an attempted bike theft from a communal bike rack in the block of flats at the time they were in the area. What a coincidence

But they don't act as one though do they. Does a one year old toddler or a bed ridden old woman act aggressively and throw threats at the police? As I said earlier, you cannot tar and feather whole communities.

I find the level of hate directed at them disturbing. Maybe if people were less hateful towards them, there would be less conflict and closing of ranks on both sides and more social cohesion.

Nail on head there (imo) mate.
I work in a Cemetery, and have carried out numerous 'traveller' interments.
The family members visit regularly (as you'd expect), and I have to say that I haven't had one bit of bother from them.

If there's summat they want doing (in regards to a grave etc) , they come and ask politely, and thank me when I've done it.
Likewise, they've always been very helpful towards me and other visitors to the cemetery.

No need for all this 'us and them' stuff.
Not saying they're all 'saints', but they're not all 'bad' either imo.

But they don't act as one though do they. Does a one year old toddler or a bed ridden old woman act aggressively and throw threats at the police? As I said earlier, you cannot tar and feather whole communities.

I find the level of hate directed at them disturbing. Maybe if people were less hateful towards them, there would be less conflict and closing of ranks on both sides and more social cohesion.
It’s like a vent I suppose for some people like biggot Tourettes.
I didn’t want to get personal and tell people about my family but I feel I may have too, to prove a few points.

Nail on head there (imo) mate.
I work in a Cemetery, and have carried out numerous 'traveller' interments.
The family members visit regularly (as you'd expect), and I have to say that I haven't had one bit of bother from them.

If there's summat they want doing (in regards to a grave etc) , they come and ask politely, and thank me when I've done it.
Likewise, they've always been very helpful towards me and other visitors to the cemetery.

No need for all this 'us and them' stuff.
Not saying they're all 'saints', but they're not all 'bad' either imo.
Exactly mate.
So you not found shit all over?
Or dumped hedges?

We know some travellers are arseholes but every group has them.

Bunch of them have shown up outside our work yesterday. They've dumped a load of rubbish over the fence into the next office compound.
Nah, never happens. They never fly tip man.

Oh wait, a load of them were pitched next St Charles school in Gosforth earlier this month.

They didn’t leave bags and bags of rubbish behind. Not one bit the fuckers:evil:

Thank you. Nail on the head here lads. I know a lot of the posts are tongue in cheek but away seriously. Do any of the smb actually believe travellers do anything different to us. As no one ever sped, littered, got pissed, fought, took drugs, I read all the time about animal cruelty towards cats on here. There’s alot of blatant discrimination on these threads mind.

Give owa. I'm a bleeding hearted lefty soft shite liberal but you can't deny that percentage wise they are on another level

I work for the council as well and I see it first hand

Exactly mate.
So you not found shit all over?
Or dumped hedges?

We know some travellers are arseholes but every group has them.

Travellers have a disproportionate amount of dickheads IMO.

There’s also a constant “having cake and eat it” attitude. Travellers want to live their own way outside “settled” society but demand the rights and protections that society provides.

Give owa. I'm a bleeding hearted lefty soft shite liberal but you can't deny that percentage wise they are on another level

I work for the council as well and I see it first hand
What? You see the percentage of travellers who live a quiet happy life, or the police officers who are travellers or the charity workers who are travellers, or do you dispose of the waste (that’s not a dig mind) of the travellers waste who are being neglected by local councils who are not providing adequate sites because of nimbys? Serious question marra.

Travellers have a disproportionate amount of dickheads IMO.

There’s also a constant “having cake and eat it” attitude. Travellers want to live their own way outside “settled” society but demand the rights and protections that society provides.
That’s your opinion marra and I respect that. Travellers who are not on a site during winter are effectively homeless remember and moved from town to town. Al be honest it would piss me off. The government are offering grants to provide temporary sites but local councils aren’t taking them up because of nimbys.

Last edited:

Back