Police constantly quoting “diminishing resources” as reason for rising crime statistics

So what does it mean when the police say someone is 'wanted by them' ?

Wanted for questioning in relation to their suspected involvement in an offence usually and what would be the case here. Someone can also be wanted on warrant where a court has issued a warrant for one of several reasons, also could be wanted on a recall to prison.

Now now officer.I'm just repeating what's been said on here, including yourself. Do you not find it strange that the police have sufficient evidence to charge soneone yet can't arrest them ffs? Ya f***ing tail end.

Have a read of the police and criminal evidence act. Section 24 and code G cover arrests, when you are finished come back and we can have a chat, until then continue to act stupid and ignorant about something you know the square root of fuck all about.

Last edited:

There are circumstances where arresting someone immediately is fine like if you catch someone committing a burglary or see someone assaulting a person in front of you. It also matters how serious the offence is and if evidence can be lost by not arresting someone.
The police Officer has to justify why that person has been arrested and arrests can be refused if there are insufficient grounds for the arrest.
In the case above on the face of it it looks like a relatively minor assault and there is no evidence going to be lost so it makes it difficult to justify the arrest.
As I said don’t blame the cops they would probably rather lock the lad up and get it done and dusted but the government decided that’s wrong.
If the governments decision had anything to do with massaging the arrest figures to show crime was down I wouldn’t really know:rolleyes:.
I have never blamed the cops mate, hence why I stated the mind boggles at times relating to law.

Wanted for questioning in relation to their suspected involvement in an offence usually and what would be the case here. Someone can also be wanted on warrant where a court has issued a warrant for one of several reasons, also could be wanted on a recall to prison.

Have a read of the police and criminal evidence act. Section 24 and code G cover arrests, when you are finished come back and we can have a chat, until then continue to act stupid and ignorant about something you know the square root of fuck all about.
Do you agree with it? I have never claimed to know about it. The first I knew about it was in here, reading from the likes of yourself. It doesn't sit right with me, from what I've read. Just because its law doesn't mean its right and can't be debated . You just keep voting the insults out though.

Last edited:
This is enlightening.

So for example if someone is caught on cctv braying someone when does it get past the ‘please come to the police station’ point to the ‘lets arrest him’ point?

The worlds gone mad like.

I have never blamed the cops mate, hence why I stated the mind boggles at times relating to law.

Do you agree with it? I have never claimed to know about it. The first I knew about it was in here, reading from the likes of yourself. It doesn't sit right with me, from what I've read. Just because its law doesn't mean its right and can't be debated . You just keep voting the insults out though.

Whether I agree with it or not is irrelevant, it is the current law and that is what we live to and the police work to.
Several times now you have tried to argue about something you know nothing about despite a couple of people on here who deal with this stuff on a daily basis telling you otherwise.

This is enlightening.

So for example if someone is caught on cctv braying someone when does it get past the ‘please come to the police station’ point to the ‘lets arrest him’ point?

When any part of code G of PACE is met.

Ok. What about paragraph 2.9 E

(e) to allow the prompt and effective investigation of the offence or of the conduct of the person in question.
You would still have to justify why that couldn’t be done by interviewing someone as a voluntary attender rather than arresting them.

This is enlightening.

Exactly. Its bonkers.

Whether I agree with it or not is irrelevant, it is the current law and that is what we live to and the police work to.
Several times now you have tried to argue about something you know nothing about despite a couple of people on here who deal with this stuff on a daily basis telling you otherwise.

When any part of code G of PACE is met.
Where have I argued with anyone?
Just because its law doesn't mean we can't debate it man.
90% of people on here wouldn't know the crack either I reckon. At no point have I had a go at the police regarding the matter, as you say the law is the law. Whoever set that law needs slapping with a wet cod.
So haway then, do you agree with it?

Last edited:
Absolute bollocks IMO!!!!

Surely with the technological advances made over the past 20 years, internet, cctv on every street corner, DNA etc etc surely solving crime has never been so easy. What must it have been like 40 years ago when a bobby had a notebook, truncheon and handcuffs yet he still had time to patrol his beat and solve complex crimes!
Does a crime not count if they catch who does it like?

I am angry because you don’t like being told the truth, very strange logic
eh? where did you get that from?
No one is disagreeing with you coz i think we all know that you are well versed in this area
We all just think that this level of bureaucracy is what is strangling the Police.
You are coming across as a bit of a (Policemans) helmet.

it's all labour' s fault iirc for manipulating a global financial crisis and then not being able to form any kind of opposition mate, forcing the tories to pursue economic policies that target the poor. they're a f***ing disgrace imo
Dianne Abbot will sort it all out ! She's costed it and really likes the police

That is evidence relating to the offence, that is completely different to having grounds to arrest someone. Unfortunately you don’t know much about the law, you and your mrs should just let those who do get on with doing their jobs.

This condescending, arsey attitude that radiates through the majority of your posts highlights why there's such a distrust and lack of faith in police from so many people these days.

Absolute bollocks IMO!!!!

Surely with the technological advances made over the past 20 years, internet, cctv on every street corner, DNA etc etc surely solving crime has never been so easy. What must it have been like 40 years ago when a bobby had a notebook, truncheon and handcuffs yet he still had time to patrol his beat and solve complex crimes!

:lol: Yes, i'm sure there was a lot of that went on from coppers on the beat.

The prisons are full man. The more villains you send away, the earlier to other villains get out.

Last edited:
This condescending, arsey attitude that radiates through the majority of your posts highlights why there's such a distrust and lack of faith in police from so many people these days.

I told him how the law works, he didn’t like the answers that were given. I have had many requests on here from people for advice which I have happily helped with whenever I could, they didn’t seem to think I had a condescending or arsey attitude. Maybe that’s because they were glad to recieve help and learn something about which they didn’t have much knowledge of.

I told him how the law works, he didn’t like the answers that were given. I have had many requests on here from people for advice which I have happily helped with whenever I could, they didn’t seem to think I had a condescending or arsey attitude. Maybe that’s because they were glad to recieve help and learn something about which they didn’t have much knowledge of.

Then why not just make your point? Most regular posters on here are aware of your experience and would be grateful for your insight on various things, but when it's littered with that attitude it no doubt makes people see it as confirmation that there are some right arseholes amongst the police.

Back