Points Total

garyeaststand

Midfield
Another solid result last night, just been tallying up what I think we can realistically get and I come up with 83 points, will that be enough for automatic ? If Rotherham have nothing to play for or we go head to head for promotion in final game and we win I stretch it to 85, its shaping up to be an exciting end to the season ...what do others think we can achieve in points and will we go up? I have a strong feeling we will do it in the play offs this year.

I think we might hit 80 points, but that may not be enough for top two, Coventry, Rotherham and Portsmouth may very well exceed 80

I think we might hit 80 points, but that may not be enough for top two, Coventry, Rotherham and Portsmouth may very well exceed 80

Rotherham have Sunderland, Coventry, Fleetwood, Portsmouth to play, even Wycombe away would be hard for them. Tough run in, they are far from certs.

Coventry have Sunderland, Rotherham, Ipswich, Peterbrough, Oxford and Burton still to play. Again a tough run in and far from certs.

Portsmouth have seem to have Fleetwood twice, Burton, Rotherham, Ipswich, Oxford and Peterborough. Tough run in yet again.

Peterborough have Fleetwood, Burton and Portsmouth their next three games. If they get 9 from those then they will go up in my opinion. Aside from that they still have Coventry and Sunderland to play.

Sunderland have Oxford, Fleetwood, Coventry, Peterboroughz Burton and Rotherham. Tough run in.

It's two from those five going up top two, and based on remaining fixtures I woildnt like to call it. If Peterborough win their next three games which are tough, they will go up. If they don't then I think their two extra games played will fuck them.

Going to be a cracking end to the season.

Last season you needed to average 2 points per game, it’s nowhere near that this season. We are strong at home and realistically could win them all.

We have 6 home games to play and 8 away.
Our away record is dreadful, we have won at Doncaster, the only win against any side in the top 15.
We have played 8 won 1 drawn 2 and lost 5 of the games away to the top 15.
Next up we have Oxford away who we have played 6 times in the last season and a bit and have never won.
Realistically we can't get automatic promotion, but..........................................................

We have 6 home games to play and 8 away.
Our away record is dreadful, we have won at Doncaster, the only win against any side in the top 15.
We have played 8 won 1 drawn 2 and lost 5 of the games away to the top 15.
Next up we have Oxford away who we have played 6 times in the last season and a bit and have never won.
Realistically we can't get automatic promotion, but..........................................................

A draw against Oxford is likely I reckon. They've never beat us either in the league, or in the Cup come to think of it. And we are in much better form than them, so if anyone is to win it'll be Sunderland. I know you say that away stat is dreadful. But since boxing day we have lost only one of our last 5 away matches. The form is there, it's crucial we keep building on it.

A draw against Oxford is likely I reckon. They've never beat us either in the league, or in the Cup come to think of it. And we are in much better form than them, so if anyone is to win it'll be Sunderland. I know you say that away stat is dreadful. But since boxing day we have lost only one of our last 5 away matches. The form is there, it's crucial we keep building on it.
We have to play Rotherham, Coventry, Oxford, Blackpool, and Burton, away. We got 4 points from the corresponding home fixtures

We have to play Rotherham, Coventry, Oxford, Blackpool, and Burton, away. We got 4 points from the corresponding home fixtures

And as stated, our away form has improved lately. One defeat in five. We were awful when we played Rotherham, Coventry, Blackpool and Burton at home.. We are a much better side now.

And as stated, our away form has improved lately. One defeat in five. We were awful when we played Rotherham, Coventry, Blackpool and Burton at home.. We are a much better side now.
We lost our last away game. Before that we scraped unimpressive 1=0's away at Mk Dons and Tranmere, who were both in the bottom 4.
I admire your optimism but I fear that's all it is and is not backed up by reality.
Saturday will be a good indication as Oxford are not playing well at the moment.

Automatic promotion is out of the question purely because of the more than beneficial situation we were in last season only to mess it up. Should just about make play offs

The lack of a Centre Forward who will put away 1 chance in 5, yet alone the likely scenario of 1 chance out of 2 away from home, is likely to be our undoing.

Its different in a home game when we can get more men forward, but when we are under the cosh away against better teams, who will press us high up the pitch, chances will be at a premium, so hopefully when they do arrive they fall at the feet of McGuire

We lost our last away game. Before that we scraped unimpressive 1=0's away at Mk Dons and Tranmere, who were both in the bottom 4.
I admire your optimism but I fear that's all it is and is not backed up by reality.
Saturday will be a good indication as Oxford are not playing well at the moment.

The reality is we have lost one of our last 5 away matches, whether we've scraped wins or not, we are winning. Ultimately the 3 points matter. I'll take it. I'll take an uninspiring 1-0 on Saturday all day long.

People are saying everyone of the top 6 has a chance of top 2 except us. It makes no sense.

Sounds like I’m been over optimistic on total , I think it’s going to be very close with all the top 6/7 having a high points total so won’t be much difference between automatic and play offs

I think Saturday could define allot...not just the points but giving us the confidence to go and beat a so called ‘top’ team Away after pompy result ...win it and the momentum will be huge especially with Coventry coming up

Last edited:

Back