Podcasts

I want to listen to this but I'm not keen on most of the people he's with! Catherine Tait for eg.

I couldn't get away with S-town. And although Serial paved the way for many others I thought In The Dark series 1 was outstanding.
How far did you get with STown?

I didn’t get it until about three episodes in, then I was hooked.

How far did you get with STown?

I didn’t get it until about three episodes in, then I was hooked.
I gave up after almost 1 episode. I'm not big on patience these days, so if I'm not hooked, I give up. I have to say I've done the same with lots of podcasts, I am especially irritated by the ones which have a couple of people discussing things. For some reason that drives me mad! :)

Just discovered Melvyn Bragg and his show In Our Time. It's on spotify and BBC Sounds.
almost every episode is available in some shape or form via the beeb, this program alone would justify the license fee imho... same applies to the great lives series, although a bit more tabloid when compared to in our time.

Dan Snow’s History podcast is really good. Great range of stuff.
one complaint about this series, they put out too much material! :) i kinda drown in all the content sometimes...

Last edited:
almost every episode is available in some shape or form via the beeb, this program alone would justify the license fee imho... same applies to the great lives series, although a bit more tabloid when compared to in our time.

one complaint about this series, they put out too much material! :) i kinda drown in all the content sometimes...
I do delete a lot of Snows as they come in if I don’t like the look of it.

Back