Podcast Thread

The Rewatchables on The Ringer podcast network is pretty good. They basically go over old films and review them again.

Most of my podcasts are highly political or Sunderland nowadays. No wonder I’m miserable! :lol: If anyone can reccomend a decent music one that’d be class.

British History podcast or the History of Rome are good if really detailed History is your thing.
I enjoy blood on the tracks
Its Colin Murray and its a Fighting talk kind of thing but with music

Slow Burn - 2 seasons, 1st season covers the Watergate scandal, the 2nd covers Bill Clinton's impeachment
Happy Face - Discusses the Happy Face serial killer
Intrigue : The Ratline - Nazi's
Clinton Baptiste's Paranormal Podcast - One word 'Paedo'

Slow Burn - 2 seasons, 1st season covers the Watergate scandal, the 2nd covers Bill Clinton's impeachment
Happy Face - Discusses the Happy Face serial killer
Clinton Baptiste's Paranormal Podcast - One word 'Paedo'
I’m half way through Slow Burn 1 and it’s fascinating. Stuff I just didn’t know. I know fuck all about Watergate really.

Atomic Hobo by Julie McDowell
Very dark subject matter, the aftermath of a nuclear war and Government's plans for it.

She has accessed the national archives in London and Edinburgh. Very, very interesting

Last edited by a moderator:
Been listening to this all yesterday - finished the whole series in one day, possibly the best podcast i've listened to and the way things changed towards the end of their investigation was fascinating. the ratline book is out now apparently...

was put on it as philippe sands was interviewed on the "we have ways" podcast over two specials, which i can highly recommend for wwii fans (and al murray fans)...

I’m sure these have been mentioned already, but Undr the Cosh is a good football related podcast, can give a real good insight into football clubs, although over time the presenters are starting to grate on me a bit.

But the Peter Crouch podcast is superb, again though, presenters starting to grate over time, but not to the extent of Undr the Cosh.

It was on the Spotify podcasts thread, recommended by @Medulla but I’m half way through season 2 of In The Dark, and it’s quite possibly the best podcast I’ve listened to in terms of investigative journalism, probably better than Serial.

(Edit: it’s a wee bit biased, but its not surprising when you listen to it)

Last edited:
The Walkers Switch.

Did Walkers swap the colours of their packets of salt and vinegar and cheese and onion crisps? Some say they remember it happening. Walkers deny they ever did. An in depth investigation to try to find the truth.

I enjoyed it - it certainly makes you question yourself

"We have ways" with Al Murray and James Holland is a pretty good WW2 podcast, it's not been on very long so easy to catch up with

"No such thing as a Fish" has been mentioned a lot but has been consistantly good from the beginning. I saw them live in Newcastle a few years back and was an absolute blast.

"In our time" is on Spotify, IIRC they also label them e.g "In our time: History" so you can just get those as supposed to the whole lot of them.

"History Hit" with Dan Snow is also a good one.

the term you can have too much of a good thing applies here, i couldnt keep up with the volume of content so sacked it off in the end...
I just dip in and out. I don't listen to everything but if I like the sound of it I'll give it a go. Different every episode so not as if you need to keep up

It was on the Spotify podcasts thread, recommended by @Medulla but I’m half way through season 2 of In The Dark, and it’s quite possibly the best podcast I’ve listened to in terms of investigative journalism, probably better than Serial.

(Edit: it’s a wee bit biased, but its not surprising when you listen to it)
I listened to In the Dark some time back and thought it outdid Serial.

I'm now hooked on Court Junkie which tells the story of different crimes, intercut with testimony from court. It always fascinates me - especially what grounds/proof people get convicted on in America. I'm often in the 'not sufficient grounds to convict' group.

we have ways of making you talk.. all about the ww2 especially the Nazis..hosted by the pub landlord fella 30 mins bitesize great stuff

Back