Podcast Thread

I listened to In the Dark some time back and thought it outdid Serial.

I'm now hooked on Court Junkie which tells the story of different crimes, intercut with testimony from court. It always fascinates me - especially what grounds/proof people get convicted on in America. I'm often in the 'not sufficient grounds to convict' group.
What are the other seasons of In the Dark like? I was really disappointed with Serial Season 2, but enjoyed 3. I’m binge listening to ITD season 2 right now but want to know if the others are as good?

What are the other seasons of In the Dark like? I was really disappointed with Serial Season 2, but enjoyed 3. I’m binge listening to ITD season 2 right now but want to know if the others are as good?
There are only 2 seasons, number 3 seems to have been in the works for a while. Have you listened to the first one? I think that one was just overwhelmingly powerful for me, probably because it was about child abduction.

There are only 2 seasons, number 3 seems to have been in the works for a while. Have you listened to the first one? I think that one was just overwhelmingly powerful for me, probably because it was about child abduction.
Not yet, but I will now. They seem to be doing a “Season 2.5” about Mississippi during Covid-19 now.

Plenty of good stuff on BBC Sounds, true crime stuff like Beyond Reasonable Doubt which in turn got me into The Staircase on Netflix

Just finished listening to “The Case of the Missing Hit”. I thought someone on here had recommended it but I can’t find it here.

The Guardian said it was possibly the best podcast episode ever. That’s probably a bit strong but it was really very good. A bloke remembers a song from the 90s but can’t find it anywhere on the internet. So they try to figure out what it is.

#158 The Case of the Missing Hit | Reply All

Just finished listening to “The Case of the Missing Hit”. I thought someone on here had recommended it but I can’t find it here.

that could be a line from an alanis morissette song...

just listened to it, decent but hardly the best ever although the pay off is entertaining... one downside of listening to that this afternoon, the repeated play of the mocked up studio song is now stuck in my head meshed together with Chickety China, the Chinese chicken (proper ear worm style)... :evil::evil::evil:

If you like interviews/ life stories...

- ‘Full Disclosure’ with James O’Brien. I’ve just heard his ones with Danny Baker and Tom Watson which were interesting.
- ‘Rain Delay’ with Mark Nicholas. Basically him and blokes he’s met at test matches but most are non sport and really interesting. Both Piers Morgan and Lineker are good value on it.

that could be a line from an alanis morissette song...

just listened to it, decent but hardly the best ever although the pay off is entertaining... one downside of listening to that this afternoon, the repeated play of the mocked up studio song is now stuck in my head meshed together with Chickety China, the Chinese chicken (proper ear worm style)... :evil::evil::evil:
Yup.... I can’t get the bastard out of my head either.

Back