Podcast recommendations?

Don't bother with the new Shearer, Lineker and Richards podcast ("The Rest is Football"). Just the usual matey nonsense with no mention of any football outside of the top few clubs. Deleted it from my feed after 2 episodes. Shame as the other podcasts from the same production company (owned by Lineker) are all good.

I tend to gravitate to sports podcasts on my commute to and from work which is about a 50 min drive, my go to's are:

Guardian football weekly
The Rugby Pod
The Grade Cricketer
Not the Top 20 (EFL)
Sky F1

I then steer towards history stuff on an evening and typically keep up to date with:
Rest is History
Real Dictators
Empire

and then some others I sort of work my way through when there's nothing new from the above:
The History of China
We have ways of making you talk
The age of Napoleon

and if I fancy something daft I'll sometimes put a Mince on

Been getting into this recently. Bloody love waFF.

Carrie Jade Does Not Exist
Believe In Magic
Filthy Ritual

...all to boggle your mind about how many people can be taken in by absolute fraudsters. Believe in Magic is about a lass (and more pointedly, her mam) suffering from cancer and complex health conditions who set up a big cancer charity, had loads of celebrity support especially from One Direction, until...

Filthy Ritual is the story of probably the biggest person fraud in the UK (i.e. not business fraud). Millions lost, lives ruined, houses lost, to a woman who was a 'shaman'. Most shocking moment is when someone who has spent tens of thousands on this woman to get pregnant finally does, and what the woman then tells her.

Death of Codebreaker (the GCHQ spy-in-a-bag thing)
Ghost Story (except the people are all really annoying poshos)
Bible John: Creation of a Serial Killer
Gateway: Cocaine, Murder and Dirty Money in Europe.
The Lazarus Heist
Hoax (shocking ruining of people's lives through false allegations of a 'satanic paedophile' ring, the gullibility of the police and others, and how the parents who perpetrated it got away with it)
How They Made Us Doubt Everything
Bed of Lies (the poisoned blood scandal)
Shiny Bob (allegations of a 'gay mafia' dominating the Edinburgh legal world and covering stuff up)

Back