Plunkett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got talking to one or two people at the ground today and they implied that both Davies and Plunkett were still having part of their wages paid by the club. Not only that but if true it counts against our salary cap.

Dont know if its true or not.

Got talking to one or two people at the ground today and they implied that both Davies and Plunkett were still having part of their wages paid by the club. Not only that but if true it counts against our salary cap.

Dont know if its true or not.

If it is true that's embarrassing on the clubs part - no wonder the Chief Exec fucked off :roll:

hadnt plunketts contract ran out and was not renewed? i think it was the same for davies

hadnt plunketts contract ran out and was not renewed? i think it was the same for davies

Plunkett was half way through a 2 year contract and Davies had a year left of a 3 year contract. Any payment Durham had to make to buy them out of their remaining contracts counts towards the salary cap.

Plunkett was half way through a 2 year contract and Davies had a year left of a 3 year contract. Any payment Durham had to make to buy them out of their remaining contracts counts towards the salary cap.

If Davies only had 1 year left then we can't be paying him anything this season

I wonder if we'll still be paying Blackwell for a year or two then.

Don't know if negotiations have finished to pay Blackie off but presumably we can't do it in one lump sum if we still have to pay Plunkett & Davies like this as well.

Don't know if negotiations have finished to pay Blackie off but presumably we can't do it in one lump sum if we still have to pay Plunkett & Davies like this as well.

For tax reasons the players will be happy to have payments staggered . But yes, it does put a new light on the wage bill scenario. Not as reduced as we maybe imagined...

Given that he retired due to injury I'd imagine it was sorted out via insurance, doubt paying a player off due to injury would come out of your salary cap calculation, that would be a bit tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back