Plumbing question

Yahrba

Midfield
I have a closed central heatiñg system not combi (gas boiler in kitchen and hot water tank in airing cupboard ). Seems to have a constant dribble from an overflow outside . Run the hot water tap for a few seconds stops it but it starts again after a bit . Any ideas how to stop it ?

It’s probably a pressure relief valve, if it’s on the unvented hot water, it’s probably either the expansion vessel or the air gap has gone in the cylinder.

If it’s the central heating side. It’s probably the expansion vessel.

If the cylinder has a tundish next to it, you’ll be able to see a little drip in that.

It’s probably a pressure relief valve, if it’s on the unvented hot water, it’s probably either the expansion vessel or the air gap has gone in the cylinder.

If the cylinder has a tundish next to it, you’ll be able to see a little drip in that.
Wtf is a tundish ? 😂

Does it sound like either way it's a parts job rather than something I can adjust with pressure etc ?

I have a closed central heatiñg system not combi (gas boiler in kitchen and hot water tank in airing cupboard ). Seems to have a constant dribble from an overflow outside . Run the hot water tap for a few seconds stops it but it starts again after a bit . Any ideas how to stop it ?
Is there a water tank in the loft?

We’re is the overflow of water coming from? What feeds your cylinder in the airing cupboard
Coming from a spout outside the kitchen window . I presume the cylinder is fed direct from a cold feed with a couple of valves on it to regulate the flow and pressure . I'm no plumber like .

Last edited:

Back