Plumbers of the SMB

Need your help. Got to change the tap on me mams kitchen sink and having a reet carry on. The tails supplied are not long enough because the inlets at the tap side are recessed.
What do I need to get the tail connected - see pic below? And how do you remove the copper pipe from the plastic connector - I've tried just pulling it but I'm worried I might snap something as it's not coming out easily?

Logon or register to see this image

Need your help. Got to change the tap on me mams kitchen sink and having a reet carry on. The tails supplied are not long enough because the inlets at the tap side are recessed.
What do I need to get the tail connected - see pic below? And how do you remove the copper pipe from the plastic connector - I've tried just pulling it but I'm worried I might snap something as it's not coming out easily?

You can buy longer flexible hoses at Wearside plumbers. I had the same issue myself.

I would have thought so as DIY places have the green light to stay open. Screwfix is also on that industrial estate as a back up.
Screwfix info......

• We’ll provide a click and collect service for essential purchases only.
  • Our stores will be open from 8am-4pm Mon-Sat and 9am-4pm Sun for existing essential click and collect orders only.
  • If you need to visit a store to collect your item, you must respect the strict Social Distancing measures we’ve put in place for the safety of both our customers and colleagues.
  • Please do not come to store unless you have received an SMS to let you know your item is ready, also check below to see if your local store is open before travelling.
  • If you’ve previously placed a click and collect order and it is not essential, please do not travel to our store. We will be in contact over the coming days to discuss options.

And you should hopefully be able to get the copper pipe out by unscrewing the outer bit of the plastic fitting then pulling it out.

I think they are Hep2O fixings looking at this link and you need a tool to "demount"
To demount Hep2O fittings you will need to purchase either the HepKey Set (1208J) or the HepKey Plus Set (5222J).

Screwfix info......

• We’ll provide a click and collect service for essential purchases only.
  • Our stores will be open from 8am-4pm Mon-Sat and 9am-4pm Sun for existing essential click and collect orders only.
  • If you need to visit a store to collect your item, you must respect the strict Social Distancing measures we’ve put in place for the safety of both our customers and colleagues.
  • Please do not come to store unless you have received an SMS to let you know your item is ready, also check below to see if your local store is open before travelling.
  • If you’ve previously placed a click and collect order and it is not essential, please do not travel to our store. We will be in contact over the coming days to discuss options.

Hopefully the plumbing place will sort it.

You can order on your phone from Screwfix if needs be. They usually text you a couple of minutes later to tell you your order is ready.

Buy 2 of these, dispose of the nuts and olive and they’ll bang straight on what’s there so you won’t have to fuck on replacing the hoses from the tap or owt 👍

Last edited:

ya need a demounting tool, It`ll be the blue 15mm you need, thats Hep2O from osma/wavin. But really you just need a 6 inch bit of pipe and a 15mm compression straight, leave the copper in the T and connect straight onto that connector with the nut and ring from one end of the connector, put the new connector on t`other end of the pipe and fit the flexi to the open end of that

Wavin Hep2O demounting tools set of 4 Hepkey. Hep20 Hep. 10mm 15mm 22mm 28mm | eBay
And you should hopefully be able to get the copper pipe out by unscrewing the outer bit of the plastic fitting then pulling it out.
No its hep2o, its not unscrewable

ya need a demounting tool, It`ll be the blue 15mm you need, thats Hep2O from osma/wavin. But really you just need a 6 inch bit of pipe and a 15mm compression straight, leave the copper in the T and connect straight onto that connector with the nut and ring from one end of the connector, put the new connector on t`other end of the pipe and fit the flexi to the open end of that

Wavin Hep2O demounting tools set of 4 Hepkey. Hep20 Hep. 10mm 15mm 22mm 28mm | eBay

Cheers mate but I'm leaving those bad boys alone now. Going with the @I'm Spartacus solution which should work (just need the one for the cold, the hot is long enough).

Ask your husband to do it.

Not for diy work man, he just needs to extend it with another flexi tap connector.

Cheers mate but I'm leaving those bad boys alone now. Going with the @I'm Spartacus solution which should work (just need the one for the cold, the hot is long enough).
Yeah you can do it the cowboy way easy enough ;)
Not for diy work man, he just needs to extend it with another flexi tap connector.
err what do you mean diy work, thats pro level council shite using flexi`s :lol:

Last edited:

Back