Plex, but for gaming?

PTR

Striker
Has anyone done this yet?

Plex is great for streaming movies and TV shows.
But how about a cloud service where you have access to any game you like - obviously this isn't exactly all above board.

Is anyone doing this at the moment?

But how about a cloud service where you have access to any game you like - obviously this isn't exactly all above board.

Sure I’ve seen a plug-in that handles Roms and allows you to play old emulated games etc but can’t for life of me remember what it’s called.

Love plex though. Works a charm on my movie collection.

There is a service called Shadow which I'm using. Cloud based windows PC with a GTX 1080 in it. Pretty damn good.

Never looked into this with Plex (they have their own gaming thing coming, I think? But dunno details!)

I’ve used stadia, good. And Nvidia GeForce now, better! I bought the GeForce now sub that has a virtual 3080, it’s actually very good!

Never looked into this with Plex (they have their own gaming thing coming, I think? But dunno details!)

I’ve used stadia, good. And Nvidia GeForce now, better! I bought the GeForce now sub that has a virtual 3080, it’s actually very good!
I don't actually mean plex I mean the same idea but for top end gaming.

Microsoft do something called cloud gaming. Works pretty well.
What I'm finding commercially available is exactly the same as with legal streaming - its all fragmented, only some titles on each service.
Which is why I was asking is there a less-than-legal alternative out there, like how people use plex, but obviously not plex (even though plex does now do a games arcade too)

What I'm finding commercially available is exactly the same as with legal streaming - its all fragmented, only some titles on each service.
Which is why I was asking is there a less-than-legal alternative out there, like how people use plex, but obviously not plex (even though plex does now do a games arcade too)

I've never heard of any. Plex is easy as all you really need is a huge hard drive and a decent internet connection.

Yeah, I'd assuming it didn't exist.

Would be pretty cool, though.
They would have a canny outlay so it wouldn't be cheap. With increasing bandwidth, dynamic sharing of hardware will increase though. Why have 1000 pcs with only 200 in use at any one time?

Geforce now is probably the best you can get. The only issue i found is that you are classed as a PC player in games so are potentially at a massive disadvantage.

Aye, even with super fast FTTH it’s still never gonna have the same latency. For non ‘competitive’ games tho, suppose it’s ideal. Suits me to a tee really.

Aye, even with super fast FTTH it’s still never gonna have the same latency. For non ‘competitive’ games tho, suppose it’s ideal. Suits me to a tee really.

The Xbox streaming when connected via a wire to my 1gb connection is flawless. I haven't tried anything competitive though.

The Xbox streaming when connected via a wire to my 1gb connection is flawless. I haven't tried anything competitive though.

I think it’s only things like Warzone where you need crazy low pings where it would ever be noticed. Otherwise its just like being on a dedicated machine, class!

I think it’s only things like Warzone where you need crazy low pings where it would ever be noticed. Otherwise its just like being on a dedicated machine, class!
It never works as well via wi-fi, even when it's right next to the router with about 500mb/s. You still get the odd glitch on the WiFi.

Back