Pleasant images from childhood that you remember

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corvus said:
somersetmackem said:
Corvus said:
Walking along Horden beach with my Grandad, watching the skips tip slag into the sea. Never noticed Ian Hendrie getting his come uppance though :wink:

'Cos you were 10 years early and a mile too far north? :wink:

Fair dos Zummerzet, but ya got me drift :wink: More like 15 years too early btw.

Did you do the sliding down the heaps trick and go home with sandshoes and socks black as?

When it was snowing , finishing school and loads of us standing outside
Houghton council offices pelting all the council workers queueing for their wages with snowballs !

Happy days :lol: :lol:

somersetmackem said:
Corvus said:
somersetmackem said:
Corvus said:
Walking along Horden beach with my Grandad, watching the skips tip slag into the sea. Never noticed Ian Hendrie getting his come uppance though :wink:

'Cos you were 10 years early and a mile too far north? :wink:

Fair dos Zummerzet, but ya got me drift :wink: More like 15 years too early btw.

Did you do the sliding down the heaps trick and go home with sandshoes and socks black as?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But of course, dear boy.

Class post enjoyed reading it - many memories

Blocky
Kerby
Penny for the lantern outside Crookhall club
Mate's father setting fire to a whole biscuit tin of fireworks - excellent show only very short
Roast Tatties out of a bonfire
My first Racer - 5 gear Puch
Snow

Playing Blockie int he street with another 10 kids till well late into the evening.. using everyone gardens as hiding places a[part from the Campions cos thye had a big privet edge and would kill us if we wnet in there garden..

Epping, Good call about blockie. Playing in Lowther Road til well after dark knowing I didn't have to go in until me mam shouted "GAAAAAAREEEEEEEEE!!!!" at the top of her lungs. I could have been in the next street and still heard her. Forgot all about the Campions (Shudder)

Don Birnam said:
Playing Blockie int he street with another 10 kids till well late into the evening.. using everyone gardens as hiding places a[part from the Campions cos thye had a big privet edge and would kill us if we wnet in there garden..

Epping, Good call about blockie. Playing in Lowther Road til well after dark knowing I didn't have to go in until me mam shouted "GAAAAAAREEEEEEEEE!!!!" at the top of her lungs. I could have been in the next street and still heard her. Forgot all about the Campions (Shudder)

alright .. hows tricks...

you migth recognise one or two things on this thread... I remeber slinging action men in the those big trees in yer back garden

I remeber you almost knocking me out when playing with boxing gloves aswell...

Epping said:
Don Birnam said:

you migth recognise one or two things on this thread... I remeber slinging action men in the those big trees in yer back garden

I was just talking to me mam on Sunday about that boxing gloves thing. And the time I tied you to the washing line post in the garden and left you while I went in for me dinner. And that time, for a reason I will never know, we pretended I was hanging you from our bannister while you stood on a chair and I whipped the chair away. :oops:
Hedge-hopping.
I remember the action men and also hoying sods of grass and bricks at them in Lee Whitworth's back garden.
Ronnie Savage.
Igloos in the Scotts' front garden.
The Lowther Rovers.

Can't go back. Can't go back.

seaton crew in the summer fog horns at night when staying at my grans

My dad taken us to Middlesborough and telling us we where in Blackpool!
Cos of the lights at I.C.I!
Living in Nottingham in 73, got a ticket for the Cup Final, waiting for the train to London wearing my scarf & rosette (remember them!) & when it came it was just like something out of Dr Zhivago! flags & banners all over it! only trouble was it was all Leeds supporters! same coming back!
Camping out at Finchale Abbey at summer time, (never rained in those days) and feeling a girls tits for the 1st time in the tent.

Don Birnam said:
I was just talking to me mam on Sunday about that boxing gloves thing. And the time I tied you to the washing line post in the garden and left you while I went in for me dinner. And that time, for a reason I will never know, we pretended I was hanging you from our bannister while you stood on a chair and I whipped the chair away. :oops:
Hedge-hopping.
I remember the action men and also hoying sods of grass and bricks at them in Lee Whitworth's back garden.
Ronnie Savage.
The Lowther Rovers.

don;t remeber the tied up bit... sort of rememebr the banister thing... Lee Whitworth .. wonder what he's upto.. mad times when you think about it.. and Ronnie Savage.. I think my dad see's him from time to time.. remember when he moved to St Helens.. all the other families... The Mounseys, the Eels...

:D

might be up Bishop soon..should go for a beer..

All that talk about Commando and Airfix soldiers reminded me of...Charley's War :)

Logon or register to see this image

...and that bastard Captain Snell finally getting his comeuppance with an acid-sprayer.

Just been reissued in a hardback edition, if anyone wants to relive a childhood moment 8)

Have lots, but here's just one. The Spitting Bridge over the dene in Roker Park (not the stadium). The name says it all. It took two of you, one hanging over the west side to shout "now" and one over the east side to spit.

Don Birnam said:
Epping said:
Don Birnam said:

Hedge-hopping.
Ronnie Savage.
The Lowther Rovers.

:lol: :lol: :eek: :lol:

Civil War bubble gum cards - some were banned for being too violent.

The Confederate money they gave away with them was useful for games of poker and pontoon at school.

And Bazooka Joe. Blow his magic ring....

And me grandma (RIP) used to smoke Embassy tabs like a chimney - but the stuff we got from the ciggie cards we collectd - guitar, Steam Engine ...

It killed her in the end like

The Jarra Wanderer said:
smoker said:
Funny you mentioned skylarks, I always associate their sound with playing out in the fields (that used to exist round ours) in the summer.

I always seem to remember the curtains in my bedroom. They were purple and white with a strange paisley cum floral pattern in them, I would stare at them for hours when I was ill, seeing all these weird patterns.

That would be after eating a ream of A4 paper soaked in LSD for a week.

:lol: tripping me thinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back