Pleasant images from childhood that you remember

Status
Not open for further replies.
somersetmackem said:
The Flying Scotsman making its "final" run past our house

aye we drove to durham to watch it pass over the bridges, hadn't thought of that 'till your post mate :)

Shotton 'Gala' circa 1972, happy faces, community spirit, pit villages with heart, pride and soul still intact.....

Logon or register to see this image

Tex said:
tasmanpaddler said:
Shotton 'Gala' circa 1972, happy faces, community spirit, pit villages with heart, pride and soul still intact.....

... or village of the damned, you choose :wink:

Eeh, the cheek lad.....

not far wrong like, a year after that picture was take it was the beginning of the end:

:(

Flared Hicks said:
Seems to be mainly the over 30's adding to this - youse kiddies can have a go as well you know - it's an all-inclusive thread this one :wink:

good to see the older fellas like you contributing anarl flicky, must be hard for your generation to keep remembering stuff like.... 8)

tasmanpaddler said:
Flared Hicks said:
Seems to be mainly the over 30's adding to this - youse kiddies can have a go as well you know - it's an all-inclusive thread this one :wink:

good to see the older fellas like you contributing anarl flicky, must be hard for your generation to keep remembering stuff like.... 8)
I know you - aren't you wotsisface's lad? :lol:

Building Dams across streams, etc. Just to see how flooded you could get the area.

Blocking the storm drains in the street - see above.

Dad bringing the trailer home from work, tooting his horn and all the kids piling into the back of it while he turned it round - bumping it up and down kerbs in the process.

Jazz Bands marching through the streets and you inadvertantly marching along with them. :oops:

Washing Up Liquid Bottles on the end of a broom shank, filled with rice to act as a mace.

Games of skips with a tow rope where the whole street would join in.

Empty pop bottles with a knife through the top used in a water fight.

Being able to play out safely until god knows when.

Wat nee horse about non footy threads................

TSK TSK.............. :wink:

the streaker said:

I had the rules of this forum explained to me by a very nice female moderator who said that off topic threads about the past & North East were perfectly acceptable :wink:

Mind that's before she started about 20 (well mebbes 4 then) last night for the Southampton game :lol:

Flared Hicks said:
the streaker said:

I had the rules of this forum explained to me by a very nice female moderator who said that off topic threads about the past & North East were perfectly acceptable :wink:

Mind that's before she started about 20 (well mebbes 4 then) last night for the Southampton game :lol:

Aye but its my shift now Willie Carson.............. 8)

the streaker said:
Flared Hicks said:
the streaker said:

Aye but its my shift now Willie Carson.............. 8)
Yee Haaaarrrrr!!!! I'm off to the Boozer for another quaff of vintage port then :p

- Being the top goalscorer of my school footballteam and holding the cup..
- Getting my first genuine leather football
- Go out with my mates and discover the world around us, which we thougt was without borders but in fact only measured some 2 square miles..(in our mind it meant the world and that counted for us)
- writing my first love letter at 11 and getting a nice response from a girl that's still in my 'memory chamber'.
- Seeing my mum and dad having a nice evening without an argument..
- Getting my pocket money and run to the sweety's shop a.s.ap. with my younger brother.
- All the girls i loved...... :wink:

I could go on, but i wont.....

going to midnight mass at xmas, the place was allways mobbed and all the 'daft lads' would stand at the back pissed up and all the nanas would hoy them out if they got out of order..... :)

Franzo said:
- Getting my first genuine leather lederhosen
- Go out with my mates and discover we were all gay
- writing my first love letter at 11 and getting a nice response from an older boy who put it in my "love chamber"
- Getting into the sweety shop man's car to see his puppies
- All the boys i loved...... :wink:

:eek: phew - youse dutchies do things a bit different like - no mistaking :wink:

Flared Hicks said:
Franzo said:
- writing my first love letter at 11 and getting a nice response from an older boy who put it in my "love chamber"

:eek: phew - youse dutchies do things a bit different like - no mistaking :wink:

Where is the man form Cork when you really need him..........

Flared Hicks said:
Franzo said:

MODS.....THIS A CLEAR CASE OF PUTTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH I DON'T EVEN DARE TO SPEAK....PUNISH THE PERVERT HAIRFLICK WILL YE, HE'S ASKING FOR IT AND BET HE WILL LIKE IT AS WELL..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Franzo said:
Flared Hicks said:
Franzo said:

MODS.....THIS A CLEAR CASE OF PUTTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH I DON'T EVEN DARE TO SPEAK....PUNISH THE PERVERT HAIRFLICK WILL YE, HE'S ASKING FOR IT AND BET HE WILL LIKE IT AS WELL..

HairFlick - you're coming over me all nostalgically again now man Franzo :wink:

Flared Hicks said:
Franzo said:
Flared Hicks said:
Franzo said:

HairFlick - you're coming over me all nostalgically again now man Franzo :wink:

Ah, whilst were there ..... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back