Pleasant images from childhood that you remember

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the flip side ...

The homecoming of the FA Cup up the A690 at the top of the hill from the Ramside Hall

Sitting in school dinners watching the Apollo moon landings

The 1970 World Cup Final - it was a beautiful sunny day outside

Sunbathing on our coalhouse roof listening to skylarks

FA Cup bus near the Prospect in Durham Road.

Silksworth Pit.

Going in the town hall and touching the glass around the cup later.

The 1974 FA Cup final.

Funny you mentioned skylarks, I always associate their sound with playing out in the fields (that used to exist round ours) in the summer.

I always seem to remember the curtains in my bedroom. They were purple and white with a strange paisley cum floral pattern in them, I would stare at them for hours when I was ill, seeing all these weird patterns.

walking home from trips to crimdon or durham through the countryside on a hot summers day, crackin times

smoker said:
Funny you mentioned skylarks, I always associate their sound with playing out in the fields (that used to exist round ours) in the summer.

I always seem to remember the curtains in my bedroom. They were purple and white with a strange paisley cum floral pattern in them, I would stare at them for hours when I was ill, seeing all these weird patterns.
Strange you should mention Paisley :wink:

Bob of that ilk brought the European cup back to Hetton one of the time Liverpool won it and I remember holding it :)

smoker said:

I always seem to remember the curtains in my bedroom. They were purple and white with a strange paisley cum floral pattern in them, I would stare at them for hours when I was ON ACID, seeing all these weird patterns.

Getting a clip round the lug off your mother for getting tar on your trousers from playing on the kerbside with lolly sticks and tar that had melted under the red hot summer sun.

Walking for miles on a Sunday evening with my Dad before he went to the club knowing there would be a stop at the Olde Sweet Shop- Whickham as we got nearer home.

Chips on a Saturday, only day we didn't have a dinner.

Having none of adult life's worries.

:( never thought about those things for dozens of years.

smoker said:

That would be after eating a ream of A4 paper soaked in LSD for a week.

going to Blackpoll for my holidays..

Monday to Friday staying at Sams at no 9 Palatine Road... couple of rows back from Central Pier..

walking along the prom and my dad bumping into people he knew every 5 minutes..

going to the North Pier and sittig on the deck chairs bored shitless with all the pensioners.. nicking off to look in the joke shop window...

Goint on South Pier to the outside theatre (free) and goign on stage to play musiocal chairs...

novice poster said:
Getting a clip round the lug off your mother for getting tar on your trousers from playing on the kerbside with lolly sticks and tar that had melted under the red hot summer sun.

Walking for miles on a Sunday evening with my Dad before he went to the club knowing there would be a stop at the Olde Sweet Shop- Whickham as we got nearer home.

your having a larf shirley
global warming isnt that bad today

pinkhair said:
novice poster said:

1976 was the year of melted tarmac and 'save water' stickers.

pinkhair said:
novice poster said:

I remeber tar gannin soft and gooey and manking up yer clothes...

another memory .. Playing Blockie int he street with another 10 kids till well late into the evening.. using everyone gardens as hiding places a[part from the Campions cos thye had a big privet edge and would kill us if we wnet in there garden..

Nana and Granda's caravan at Crimdon Dene

Old Roker End

Having a photo taken with the FA cup at the Little Sisters of the Poor garden fete

Rag and bone man

Going to JL Thompsons shipyard for the open day to have a gander at the biggest ship built on the Wear (Ness Crusader was its name IIRC). My dad had to carry me up the gangplank cos I was bricking myself.

Fishing at Claxheau Rock

Beating the mags at home :cry:

playing footy on the industrial estate at the back of our street.halfd the lads in the street used o play.we used the stone chippings (the road where just being laid)to mark out a pitch and we`d play from about four till dark

pinkhair said:
novice poster said:

I am from Swalwell the knaarrs. No seriously in July/August it often melted at the road sides. Milton Road was a paticularly good spot.
Remember once on Blue Peter someone frying an egg on the pavement.

Chop Sauce Marra said:
Nana and Granda's caravan at Crimdon Dene
Old Roker End

Having a photo taken with the FA cup at the Little Sisters of the Poor garden fete

Rag and bone man

Going to JL Thompsons shipyard for the open day to have a gander at the biggest ship built on the Wear (Ness Crusader was its name IIRC). My dad had to carry me up the gangplank cos I was bricking myself.

Fishing at Claxheau Rock

Beating the mags at home :cry:
aye me granhad hers there as well at the end where the seagull pub were,opposite end of the site to the club and the shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back