PlayStation VR

No-one mentioned Moss? It's a brilliant game, best I've played so far although still loads I need to try. Just got Farpoint rental delivered so gonna be trying that once these night shifts are over.

Cockpit games are ideal for vr as they take away the need to move around the physical space you occupy. The most immersive Vr experiences are ones where you’re in a car or a plane imo. There’s something jarring about walking around a vr universe whilst standing still in real life.

Not the first time I played it mate. I just didn’t see how it was any fun at all. It was like being inside your nightmares, being forced to make all the bad decisions you shout at horror-film actors for doing. It was terrifying. Then after a few hours the terror becomes a bit mundane, you’ve died enough times to realise nowt actually happens other than you get goosebumps. Then it’s a bit boring.

I can't wait to get into my new house (currently stuck at our lasses Aunties while it gets built) and get my steering wheel back out for the driving games. I don't think I'll be speaking to anyone for a while when I do.

Last edited:
This is on Argos atm for £229.99 with camera, motion controllers, Ps Worlds and a choice of another game. Pretty tempted after having a go of the Driveclub demo the other day for a few minutes. This a really good price or could there be something similar/better around Black Friday?

That's a good price new, I doubt it will drop as there is finally some good games coming out for it. Creed looks mint !
I've reserved it at Argos so I've got til Wednesday to decide whether to go and pick it up. I was having a look on eBay and on there it doesn't seem to be a great deal cheaper, even for a second hand one. This one at Argos is the 2nd version of it as well, so it seems like a good deal

Bought one and set it up last night. Only had a quick go on PSVR worlds. Bought Batman Arkham VR as it was half price on PS store so will have as bash tonight. Seems a canny bit of kit.

Statik is £5.79 if you have PS Plus, well worth it.
Headmaster is well worth £15.99 but is on sale often too, so may be worth waiting.
Wipeout is on sale too £12.99 (mentioned above) you can probably get it for that price physical on eBay too

Bought one and set it up last night. Only had a quick go on PSVR worlds. Bought Batman Arkham VR as it was half price on PS store so will have as bash tonight. Seems a canny bit of kit.

Battle zone and Bridge Crew are both canny too, once I got past the motion sickness on Battle Zone it was quite good. There are also some good freebies in the PlayStation Store that you can try, such as Residential Evil: Kitchen and Call Of Duty Jackal Assault.

Statik is £5.79 if you have PS Plus, well worth it.
Headmaster is well worth £15.99 but is on sale often too, so may be worth waiting.
Wipeout is on sale too £12.99 (mentioned above) you can probably get it for that price physical on eBay too
Cheers, I'll check some of them out. I already have Wipeout on disc, just need to reinstall it. I got some shooter called Firewall zero or something with it as well which I've yet to install

Battle zone and Bridge Crew are both canny too, once I got past the motion sickness on Battle Zone it was quite good. There are also some good freebies in the PlayStation Store that you can try, such as Residential Evil: Kitchen and Call Of Duty Jackal Assault.
Cheers, I'll have a look

Thinking of picking up Resident Evil 7 and Until Dawn: Rush of Blood as I've heard they're good in VR

Cheers, I'll check some of them out. I already have Wipeout on disc, just need to reinstall it. I got some shooter called Firewall zero or something with it as well which I've yet to install

Cheers, I'll have a look

Thinking of picking up Resident Evil 7 and Until Dawn: Rush of Blood as I've heard they're good in VR
Firewall is absolutely brilliant....as long as you’ve got the aim controller. I wouldn’t fancy it with the standard DualShock as part of the immersion is seeing the gun in your hands and the feedback when you pull the trigger.

Cheers, I'll have a look

Star Trek Bridge Crew is very good too, especially if you fancy a laugh. Have played it a few times on Saturday nights with people who have had a few, especially a couple of Scotch lads who were pissed and getting riled up as the game progressed :lol:

Just remembered I stuck a video on of my first attempt at Battle Zone on VR, here it is to give you an idea (ignore the rubbish driving!)

Last edited:

Back