PlayStation VR

Can’t have hobbies when you have a wife and kids? Must mean that the woman and two teenagers that live in my house are nothing to do with me....that’s a relief, they were costing me a fortune.
Don't see anything wrong with it. There's a number of people on here that use that as an insult towards people who play games.

"oh, you mustn't have touched a lasses tits yet" :lol: :oops:

This one looks like it might be canny...

Ace Combat 7 - PSVR gameplay trailer

Cockpit games are ideal for vr as they take away the need to move around the physical space you occupy. The most immersive Vr experiences are ones where you’re in a car or a plane imo. There’s something jarring about walking around a vr universe whilst standing still in real life.

Remember that you weren't a big fan of Resident Evil, Jedi :lol:
Not the first time I played it mate. I just didn’t see how it was any fun at all. It was like being inside your nightmares, being forced to make all the bad decisions you shout at horror-film actors for doing. It was terrifying. Then after a few hours the terror becomes a bit mundane, you’ve died enough times to realise nowt actually happens other than you get goosebumps. Then it’s a bit boring.

Last edited:
This one looks like it might be canny...

Ace Combat 7 - PSVR gameplay trailer

That looks class like, will definitely get.

As an aside, people talk about the pain of setting up the PSVR but mine is always set up. I just keep the processing box on the shelf below the TV alongside the PS4. The only thing I put away in the drawer is the headset and lead and it takes a minute to hook it all up whenever I feel like a gan.

And how do they test this? Then there's the fact this technology hasn't been out long enough to be conclusive imo
Suppose they strap TVs to a monkeys face and record the details. I dunno. Just what I read. And vr stuff has been around for years, I’d also imagine there’s other examples of having screens close to your eyes in other applications.

Hope it doesn’t fuck my eyes up, mind. I need them.

Cockpit games are ideal for vr as they take away the need to move around the physical space you occupy. The most immersive Vr experiences are ones where you’re in a car or a plane imo. There’s something jarring about walking around a vr universe whilst standing still in real life.

Yes, I quite like cockpit style gameplay in VR.

Need For Speed is enjoyable, the detail of the different cars is superb, mind you leaning into a curve with the headset might look a bit daft.

Battlezone is another one that is available for VR gameplay.

As an aside, people talk about the pain of setting up the PSVR but mine is always set up. I just keep the processing box on the shelf below the TV alongside the PS4. The only thing I put away in the drawer is the headset and lead and it takes a minute to hook it all up whenever I feel like a gan.

Do you need the PS4 Pro to use VR or can you buy an add on for the standard PS4? That's the put off for me.

Yes, I have processing box next my PS4 and I have the headset and lead stored away in a case I brought for it, keep the two motion controllers with the headset set too. Mind you that is a bit a hassle trying to remove the headset when you still have the two motion controllers on your wrists.... but then how do you safely remove the controllers whilst wearing the headset? :confused:

Do you need the PS4 Pro to use VR or can you buy an add on for the standard PS4? That's the put off for me.

Apparently works fine with the standard PS4.

The headset/processor comes separate and works with both original PS4 and pro.

Yes, I have processing box next my PS4 and I have the headset and lead stored away in a case I brought for it, keep the two motion controllers with the headset set too. Mind you that is a bit a hassle trying to remove the headset when you still have the two motion controllers on your wrists.... but then how do you safely remove the controllers whilst wearing the headset? :confused:

Apparently works fine with the standard PS4.
Just don’t attach them to your wrist. Live dangerously!

Works fine with the standard Ps4. I've tried it with the Pro at my brothers and the only difference I noticed was that things up close in games look clearer and sharper on the Pro. I couldn't tell the difference otherwise.

The headset/processor comes separate and works with both original PS4 and pro.

Just don’t attach them to your wrist. Live dangerously!
Works fine with the standard Ps4. I've tried it with the Pro at my brothers and the only difference I noticed was that things up close in games look clearer and sharper on the Pro. I couldn't tell the difference otherwise.

Cheers.

My mate's lass got him a PS4Pro for Christmas with the VR set, and for some reason put 2 and 2 together and decided that it only worked on the Pro. Might consider getting a kit now!

I was blown away by it but the issue is the game catalogue. If you’ve already done Skyrim and don’t like horror games then there’s not a whole lot of games to choose from. The rest of the available games are cheap, short indie games. Superhot VR is the best game I’ve played.
I was watching a review on YouTube and the shot stuff looks a lot of fun.
Mind I liked the Wii for the fun carnival games etc. Good for parties/drinking in the house

Back