Playstation VR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think its doable but you need to convert into a format that will work
If the ps4 doesn't support mkv (haven't got a clue to be honest) you could play them via smart bluray player or from USB on a bluray player and connect the psvr to that I belive. Even a laptop if it's got hdmi out

If the ps4 doesn't support mkv (haven't got a clue to be honest) you could play them via smart bluray player or from USB on a bluray player and connect the psvr to that I belive. Even a laptop if it's got hdmi out
It doesn't natively afaik but I use the Plex app to stream mkvs through to the PS4. Might work that way. Will have to grab something and give it a go

Yeah i've already tried it and it works to see my PC screen on the headset. Was meaning I wonder if 3D files would work

It doesn't natively afaik but I use the Plex app to stream mkvs through to the PS4. Might work that way. Will have to grab something and give it a go

Just discovered Plex..its class cheers.

Does yours run 1080p smoothly. Mine is buffering. Is this an internet thing?

Last edited:
Yeah i've already tried it and it works to see my PC screen on the headset. Was meaning I wonder if 3D files would work

Just discovered Plex..its class cheers.

Does yours run 1080p smoothly. Mine is buffering. Is this an internet thing?
The PS4 will play 1080 smoothly through plex. PS3 won't.

The PS4 will play 1080 smoothly through plex. PS3 won't.

It seems to have stopped buffering now..maybe its cos it was busy updating all of the cover art etc.

Amazing how it automatically collects all the artwork just from the filename. Its flawless from what I can tell.

It seems to have stopped buffering now..maybe its cos it was busy updating all of the cover art etc.

Amazing how it automatically collects all the artwork just from the filename. Its flawless from what I can tell.
Plex is brilliant I tend to use it on my phone to browse my files then cast it to the tv through my chrome cast.

I think you might do, if you have the HDMI going through it. Not entirely sure though. You struggling for plug space?
Plug space is OK just the one I use is on the opposite side and have to have the wires comming back out the front of my TV unit then round the side instead of neatly through the back

Plug space is OK just the one I use is on the opposite side and have to have the wires comming back out the front of my TV unit then round the side instead of neatly through the back

Aye im pretty certain itd have to be powered on if you want to play PS4 normally. Other option would be to keep unplugging the HDMI- but that'd get tiring quickly.

Just had my first goes on it, I love it!

Did the Kitchen demo and it's just freaky as owt, looking around at stuff, totally bizarre.

Tried a little game of a playroom game where I was a godzilla and had to Smash stuff with my head.

Done a bit on one where you are a cowboy and chasing bandits.

Then had a go of Dirt rally, managed a full race of rally cross then a a stage, towards the end of the stage I started feeling hot and a bit sick finished it though

Just had my first goes on it, I love it!

Did the Kitchen demo and it's just freaky as owt, looking around at stuff, totally bizarre.

Tried a little game of a playroom game where I was a godzilla and had to Smash stuff with my head.

Done a bit on one where you are a cowboy and chasing bandits.

Then had a go of Dirt rally, managed a full race of rally cross then a a stage, towards the end of the stage I started feeling hot and a bit sick finished it though
Have you got resident evil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back