Playstation update 6.50 issues

Psn is notoriously slow especially if you're trying to download a popular game.

You can try switching to Google dns in settings it will speed it up a bit. Really needs to be hard wired though to get the best performance.

This update has caused wifi issues with my PS4. It will now only download at 1.5mps despite speedchecker showing wifi at 50mps.
You could try this as it's faster to download in rest mode

How to Increase PS4 Download Speed - Fix Slow PS4 Downloads | USgamer
First you must set the functions available in Rest Mode by heading to:
  • Settings > Power Saving Settings > Set Functions Available in Rest Mode.
Check the box that reads "Stay Connected to the Internet" so your PS4 is able to continue downloading files when in Rest Mode.

Ever since I read this thread I've been getting nowt but bother. Psn speeds are 10% of my actual broadband speed.

I'm the same over wifi, it has always been cack, about 3 megs. I'm tempted to go wired again, as it's now in the same room as my router.

I've tried the trick by setting the DNS IP to 8.8.8.8 with no joy, it doesn't seem to have sped it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony knew that the WiFi adapter on the original PS4 was problematic but due to budget and time restrictions they released it anyway. The difference between my day one PS4 and my PS4 pro is night and day for WiFi downloading. I can download 20 gig games from the psn store within 20-30 minutes on the pro. On my original PS4 I’d have to leave it over night.

Back