#PlayersTogether statement...

Great stuff. I do love the fact that it's led by Henderson as well. He's a leader in every sense of the word.

I'd kind of hope there's no ore said on it now. It doesn't need to be publicised, we don't need facts and figures. Just let them get on with it.

Just to play devils advocate for a second, there's no mention of how many players are taking part, or how much they're contributing here.

Of course, its great overall and I'm sure its not this ---> But if its about 30 players, and 10 bob each, it's not quite the same as how people are thinking it will be.

Tin hat on, I'm just making a point.

Just to play devils advocate for a second, there's no mention of how many players are taking part, or how much they're contributing here.

Of course, its great overall and I'm sure its not this ---> But if its about 30 players, and 10 bob each, it's not quite the same as how people are thinking it will be.

Numbers haven’t been mentioned for that very reason.

If they donated 10% you’d only get people saying ‘Y noT fIVteEn?’. Charity shamers are the pits and you find they don’t put the money in themselves, they just like to ask why more isn’t being put in.

Something is better than nothing and what’s not mentioned is how much this could inspire others to contribute.

Numbers haven’t been mentioned for that very reason.

If they donated 10% you’d only get people saying ‘Y noT fIVteEn?’. Charity shamers are the pits and you find they don’t put the money in themselves, they just like to ask why more isn’t being put in.

Something is better than nothing and what’s not mentioned is how much this could inspire others to contribute.
You're a charity case

It looks like a fair few of them are onboard by the sheer amount the letter has been retweeted by footballers. Plenty of captains too and you can guarantee they will have spoken to squads etc before signing themselves up.

It's a great cause and a good coming together, regardless of the amount.

Back