Players you forgot played for us (again)

Sleeves? He played in top flight after promotion, pretty sure he was around. Might not have been him the nod back was to though. Tommy Smith? Think Byfield was gone by then. Only other strikers it could have been would be Brown or Bridges second spell?
I remember the nod back like

Loads of people with Kevin Cooper but nobody with....Colin Cooper!
On loan from Boro under McCarthy and made 3 or 4 appearances at 37 or 38 year old.

Another one I haven't seen but was, again, under McCarthy...Simon Johnson...on loan from Leeds at the time.

Ian Bowyer.

Won the European Cup twice and the league title once with Nottingham Forest under Brian Clough. Came to Sunderland, played about a dozen games and did nowt. Then went back to Forest and played another 200+ games. Always the Sunderland way.

Aye a broken glass apparently
It was a strange signing by keano like, he's everything he hates about the modern footballer. I suppose he saw what big Sam got out of him and thought he'd get the same, don't think keano had the man management as big Sam did though.
Loads of people with Kevin Cooper but nobody with....Colin Cooper!
On loan from Boro under McCarthy and made 3 or 4 appearances at 37 or 38 year old.

Another one I haven't seen but was, again, under McCarthy...Simon Johnson...on loan from Leeds at the time.
Sunderland fan wasn't he?.

Last edited:

Back