Players Who Suddenly Turned Shit

That's true but will always be remembered for this beauty ...

Pre leg break, Carlos was one of my favourite players to ever play for us. That season he was absolutely unplayable and when we were promoted I was confident he would be a top performer in our PL campaign to follow. Unfortunately, the injury complete knackered his confidence and he was terrified of getting tackled. Never recovered.

The Brazilian Adriano was up there with the very best but seemed to have personal problems. What a player for Inter and Parma 2003-2006.
Mateja Kezman was lethal before joining Chelsea.
Denilson the left winger looked sensational but never lived up to his billing at Real Betis and only had a decent 5 years.
Random ones now but Agahowa and Mohamad Kallon both seemed to disappear into mediocrity after initially looking really good.

Des Walker had been consistently good for club and country, and occasionally superb. It wasn't just Marc Overmars leaving him for dead at Wembley that he changed, though. He had been poor for Forest throughout 92/93.

Easy to say it was he lost that yard of pace, but he'd also lost that ability to read the game before anyone else, especially at set pieces. I was really disappointed to see his decline, becauae against West Germany in Italia '90 he produced one of the best run back and tackles I've ever seen.

Probably been mentioned, but can’t bothered to read whole thread,but has to be Torres, can’t remember such a awesome player as he was turning bad as quickly.
Think this is a winner.
mApps(Gls)
2001–2007Atlético Madrid214(82)
2007–2011Liverpool102(65)
2011–2015Chelsea110(20)
2014–2015A.C. Milan (loan)10(1)
2015–2016A.C. Milan0(0)
2015–2016Atlético Madrid (loan)49(14)
2016–2018Atlético Madrid58(13)
2018–2019Sagan Tosu35(5)
Went from an amazing striker to 1 in 5 n a half games!

Last edited:

Back