Players Who Suddenly Turned Shit

You'd be wrong on all counts.

I've seen a few 'lower league plodders' in my time but he wasn't one of them.

He was a fantastic striker who fully deserved his England call-up.

He was treated abysmally by Eriksson but his head had been turned.

He thought he should be at a bigger club but ended up at Boro and it was downhill all the way from there.

If he'd stayed with us he would have continued to develop under Allardyce, he certainly had the ability.

Im sorry mate, but anyone outside of Bolton would likely agree with me.

We’ve all had them, players we see something in that’s not there, but we like them so wish it was so. There were plenty in here thought Cattermole should have played for England.

The simple fact is he was not good enough, and failed in even the lower leagues for the majority of his career.

Steve McManaman was only 30 when he joined City. He had 2 Champions League medals but he didn't score or make a single goal for City.
His biggest achievement in sky blue was pretending to get nutted by Gary Neville
It's really odd that most people are saying Torres. When he was brilliant (Atletico 1st spell/Liverpool)his club medal haul was 1Segunda

Last edited:
It's really odd that most people are saying Torres. When he was brilliant (Atletico 1st spell/Liverpool)his club medal haul was 1 Segunda Liga. When he turned shit( Chelsea/2nd spell at Atletico) he won a Champions League and 2 Europa Leagues.
Kluivert was 28 when he joined the Mags. Should have been in his prime but looked like old pro chasing one last payday. He was only 32 when he jacked it in and his last 4 seasons he didnt manage 20 goals in 4 seasons in 4 countries. Probably karma......

Last edited:
Lee Sharpe

I think a lot of people forget how good he was. In that first man United PL champions side he was probably their biggest star. 5 years later he was struggling to hold down a place in the first team down at Valley Parade.

Back