Players Who Suddenly Turned Shit

When he was called up for England i said he was the worst ever player to get a cap. He was total garbage, a lower league plodder with a touch worse than my Mother, he got that cap on his streak of all streaks.

He left Bolton at 23yrs old and only managed to average less than 4 goals a season for the rest of his career, retiring at 30 after having his contract terminated whilst playing for Tranmere.

Jay Bothroyd was another player I couldn't believe got a cap.

Any forward in the last 20 years who scored goals and came to us with a good goal scoring reputation (barring Defoe and bent).

Ross McCormack - 33 years old now and a free agent, had scored less than 17 goals only once in the 5 seasons before joining Villa where he was viewed as a guaranteed 20 goals to get them up but he just stopped scoring, and ended up in Australia twice. How different it might have been (or not) if Bruce had let Grayson have him on loan

When he was called up for England i said he was the worst ever player to get a cap. He was total garbage, a lower league plodder with a touch worse than my Mother, he got that cap on his streak of all streaks.
You'd be wrong on all counts.

I've seen a few 'lower league plodders' in my time but he wasn't one of them.

He was a fantastic striker who fully deserved his England call-up.

He was treated abysmally by Eriksson but his head had been turned.

He thought he should be at a bigger club but ended up at Boro and it was downhill all the way from there.

If he'd stayed with us he would have continued to develop under Allardyce, he certainly had the ability.

Benteke...

Liverpool paid 32 million and Palace 27.
Warrrrrrrrrrrrammmmmerrrrr.
You'd be wrong on all counts.

I've seen a few 'lower league plodders' in my time but he wasn't one of them.

He was a fantastic striker who fully deserved his England call-up.

He was treated abysmally by Eriksson but his head had been turned.

He thought he should be at a bigger club but ended up at Boro and it was downhill all the way from there.

If he'd stayed with us he would have continued to develop under Allardyce, he certainly had the ability.

Players with promise who come to us rarely get better. There will be examples of those who have, but far outweighed by those who got worse or no better. I don't think we have concentrated enough on bringing in very good coaches over the years. Just journeymen or manager's tagalongs.

Last edited:

Back