Players we will immediately lose if we go down

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you think NDong would stay? He's one of a few who we will get cash for as still has value, he'd be one of the first out in my opinion.

Like I said a few will likely get new deals but on reduced wages but still it's desperate.
No one is going to pay what we'd want for Ndong for a kick off

Pickford will go to a top 6 team regardless imo. Can't see N'dong or Cattermole hanging around either if we go down

Don't hang me for this, but the jury may still be out for the very top teams regarding Pickford. A year in the championship could be just what they want to see from him. Football is cliquey and all internalised too, if the rumours of him going out taking pills when he was younger can reach pubs in Seaburn then they can certainly reach scouts at City, Utd and Liverpool. They may just want to see how serious he is about reaching his potential, and if he does have his head screwed on he will know that a few more seasons with us even if that is in the second tier can only be good for him.

N'Dong is decent imo, one of those that will go into a good side and look good, youre right he may move, I kept him in though because there is always that 'surprise' better player that stays around at the relegated club for a season. I just think it would be him for us.

With regards to Cattermole I just cannot see who on earth would buy him, he is surely the least fashionable footballer in the premier league ? 29 years old with a history of knee problems. He has Championship written all over him , he is about as popular outside of Sunderland as Joey Barton, if not a little more irrelevant.Whereas at us he is Mr Sunderland, the hard man cult hero captain that the fans love, living around 2 hours from where he grew up on a generous contract. Cattermoles career maxed out finishing 10th with us imo, he is Gary O'Neil level, always has been good enough for the prem, just nobody really wants to take him there.

Don't hang me for this, but the jury may still be out for the very top teams regarding Pickford. A year in the championship could be just what they want to see from him. Football is cliquey and all internalised too, if the rumours of him going out taking pills when he was younger can reach pubs in Seaburn then they can certainly reach scouts at City, Utd and Liverpool. They may just want to see how serious he is about reaching his potential, and if he does have his head screwed on he will know that a few more seasons with us even if that is in the second tier can only be good for him.

N'Dong is decent imo, one of those that will go into a good side and look good, youre right he may move, I kept him in though because there is always that 'surprise' better player that stays around at the relegated club for a season. I just think it would be him for us.

With regards to Cattermole I just cannot see who on earth would buy him, he is surely the least fashionable footballer in the premier league ? 29 years old with a history of knee problems. He has Championship written all over him , he is about as popular outside of Sunderland as Joey Barton, if not a little more irrelevant.Whereas at us he is Mr Sunderland, the hard man cult hero captain that the fans love, living around 2 hours from where he grew up on a generous contract. Cattermoles career maxed out finishing 10th with us imo, he is Gary O'Neil level, always has been good enough for the prem, just nobody really wants to take him there.

Some top teams been watching pickford for several years now. I think at least a couple of them will make a move for him in the summer. Don't think we'll be in a position to turn it down regardless of which league we are in imo

Hope i'm wrong, would love him to stay for a few more years

Some top teams been watching pickford for several years now. I think at least a couple of them will make a move for him in the summer. Don't think we'll be in a position to turn it down regardless of which league we are in imo

Hope i'm wrong, would love him to stay for a few more years

Same, would you take a pay now loan back type deal? Similar to what Foster and Hart did.

I wont be back until short and co are gone and i will never pretend otherwise, strange creature you steve.
Then what the fuck are you complaining about then? You won't watch us in the championship, so why do you care wether other fans think those players could do a job in that league?

Then what the fuck are you complaining about then? You won't watch us in the championship, so why do you care wether other fans think those players could do a job in that league?
Ah so as i dont go to games it doesnt count?, the reason short gets away so lightly is daftys like you who think putting up with anything the club do (including covering up child abuse) and just going along blindly makes them special and "proper" fans.

Lets just clap along and pretend only byrne knew, that line is far easier to swallow.

Ah so as i dont go to games it doesnt count?, the reason short gets away so lightly is daftys like you who think putting up with anything the club do (including covering up child abuse) and just going along blindly makes them special and "proper" fans.

Lets just clap along and pretend only byrne knew, that line is far easier to swallow.
Who mentioned the johnson affair?

the ones i would want to keep are the ones that will be first targeted in pickford and defoe
would also like cattermole to stay for the championship...will be an assest in that league...less quality but more challenges, perfect for him
it would also be a great chance for the younger players.....the watmores etc. but i dont think we can rely on them to get us back up

the rest i couldnt give shit who left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back