Players we will immediately lose if we go down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mannone? Don't be daft!

Of course he would or one of them. People are talking shite on here about him, he's proven over the years he's a bottom tier (JUST) PL keeper. The idea he wouldn't be one of the best keepers at championship level when kieron Westwood is, is absolutely crazy.

Rodwell and Djilibodji hopefully.

Don't care about any of them so long as we get fair fees, none of this just getting them off the books shite.[/QUOTE

I'd rather have them off the books; save on their ridiculous wages, and start again

Last edited:
IF we went down I think we would be left with a squad of:

Pickford
Mika
Jones
Love
Oviedo
Cattermole
Rodwell
Ndong
McNair
Gibson
Gooch
Watmore

Earn around £21m from flogging Borini 5, Mannone 1, Kone 6, Defoe 2, Khazri 4, Papy 3.

Leaving us with

2 GK
2 RB
1 lb
6 cm
1 rw

Meaning we would need to sign 4 cb, 1 lb, 1 gk, 3 wingers and 3 strikers for 21m. So summer business as usual then...

It's the way of the world these days. What we have to do is maximise fees. We should have someone's eyes out for Pickford, in excess of £30 million. The Mags got that for crap Sissoko.

Pickford is young, English, talented and has his head screwed on. He could easily play at the top level for 15 years, which works out at £2 million a season if we charge £30m.

I hope Bain has balls and can negotiate.
Very optomistic figures , I hope you're right. At the beginning of January people were quoting these sorts of figures for Pickford and I thought no chance .Seeing as Bains managed to get 12 million for PVA with another 2 million in add ons it may be that we do have have a chance to get a big fee for Pickford.
Pickford will go
Mannone will go to Italy
Mika out of contract (edit 2 year deal so wI'll still be with us)
Jones out of contract
Lescott out if contract
Kone will go
O'Shea out of contract
Dodgybodji will go possibly to France
NDong will go
Larsson out of contract
Kirchoff out of contract
Pienaar out of contract
Anichebe out of contract
Khazri will go
Borini will go
Defoe will go

Leaves us after loans
Styrek
Love
McNair
Oviedo
Rodwell
Cattermole
Gibson
Asoro
Gooch

With Matthews and Buckley to come back from loan Lens will clearly be off.

That is one hell of a rebuilding job considering we've got fuck all cash to spend.

Well aware we might give contracts to a few who are out if we go down but still.
I can't see Papy or N'Dong going anywhere unless we get offered more than what we paid for them which is doubtful at this stage.( N'Dong will probably sell for a profit in a few years)Both will be on affordable wages as well. Also some of the out of contract players me be offered new contracts. Buckley will be out of contract and won't be offered a new one.
If we get some income from transfers there will be some to spend but not a great deal as large amounts of the clubs external debt will be paid off through transfers and some of the T.V money.
It may take a couple of years to come back up. I hope we have a solid recruitment plan in place.

Pickford
Mika
Jones
Love
Oviedo
Cattermole
Rodwell
Ndong
McNair
Gibson
Gooch
Watmore

Earn around £21m from flogging Borini 5, Mannone 1, Kone 6, Defoe 2, Khazri 4, Papy 3.

Leaving us with

2 GK
2 RB
1 lb
6 cm
1 rw

Meaning we would need to sign 4 cb, 1 lb, 1 gk, 3 wingers and 3 strikers for 21m. So summer business as usual then...
I think your estimations are way off.6 For Kone no chance. We turned down 18 million for him I expect we would make close to that figure if not more. 18 million will be affordable for lots of clubs including Everton. I can't see Papy being sold , we won't recieve a fee for Defoe and Borini would go for closer to 8-10 million which is peanuts in today's markets. Khazri is also worth more 4 million.

Last edited:
I think your estimations are way off.6 For Kone no chance. We turned down 18 million for him I expect we would make close to that figure if not more. 18 million will be affordable for lots of clubs including Everton. I can't see Papy being sold , we won't recieve a fee for Defoe and Borini would go for closer to 8-10 million which is peanuts in today's markets. Khazri is also worth more 4 million.

My logic here is ...

With regards to Kone the context of the Everton bid matters- a teams best player that has recently kept them up as they aspire to climb the table in the coming season, after your team has just had a takeover and is trying to buy the best CB of any side that finished below them. This was when Everton bid...

The situation will be extremely different come May, clubs will be looking at a talented player that has had a terrible year in a terrible side, who happen to be bankrupt, up for sale and desperate to recoup any money so they can rebuild. Gueye for example left Villa for 7m. There is a reason why we didnt see the interest in Kone come back over January, and it isnt his new contract, nor do clubs suddenly think he is rubbish. It is because those that want him know they arent in danger of going down and he will potentially be available for a fraction of the cost. The very maximum I could picture us getting for him would be 11m from Boro, Brighton the Mags + whoever else came up. I also wouldnt put it past Villa or Wolves to have a sniff at that price as they like the other sides listed will have to over pay to compete with the likes of Soton, West Brom, 'Leicester', Everton and those at his 'natural' level.

Papy will walk into a cheap 3m move back to France or to a side like Hamburg. The conversation will go along the lines of 'it hasnt worked out in England, get me out of here asap I want a fresh chance'. He is currently in the process of finding a new agent, with a new agent will come a new club, he isnt going to hire somebody that leaves him in the 2nd tier in a country he hasnt seemed to settle in at a club that see him as a laughing stock, no chance. And a relegated SAFC are not in a position to argue over a few million quid in transfer fees. The market of clubs that still think he is OK at football is slim, it is France + Germany, neither nations have high transfer fees outside of the top sides, they have comparable budgets to championship sides.

Khazri is somewhere in the middle of the two of those players, the difference is he isnt athletic, un-athletic players who play in the role he plays in always tend to go for less that you would expect, see Sess, Steed, Ben Arfa, Gaston Ramirez. His reputation is still high.... in Tunisia, and his potential admirers again reside in France, a league that pays in buttons. I wouldnt be surprised to see him go out on a season long loan for nothing to be totally honest, one thing is for sure, he wont be playing for SAFC in the championship with his attitude. Its a similar one to the Mags with Cabella, Thauvin and Saviet, clearly good in France, just cant be arsed and better for everybody if they just arent there when it is a championship environment. Plus we arent in a position to turn anything down.

Borini was bought for 9m, I'm pretty sure we had competition for him then so it wasnt just us over inflating his price because he was our school crush at the time. That said, Di Fanti has already been out and said that his two SAFC clients, namely Mannone and Borini were very close to completing deals back to Italy in January. May wont be January, we wont be a Premier league club is the speculated scenario in this thread materialises. Italian teams dont have 9m to throw at a flop who hasnt played well consistently for what will be 3 years. 5m sounds about right, it is a similar situation as Giacherinni who has a much larger reputation and had just been one of the better players in an international tournament, what was it we got for him? 2m or something ? There might be premier league competition for his signature dont get me wrong, but even still if we get our 9m back on him that will buy us 1/3rd of villas forward line this season. they are 17th.

I'm not accounting for China or some lunatic to pop up in Lebanon or something similar because I gave up crack haha.

I really hope that you are right and that I am wrong, or better yet, we never find out.

Djilibodji should have enough of a reputation in France or Germany for us to get rid. His wages won't be an issue IF he has the relegation clause

lets hope there a massive clear-out and we get some hungry players in who want to prove themselves in front of a big crowd...
In an ideal world yes. But knowing us we will end up with a load of plodders who lose confidence and then hide like the rest :lol:

Mannone
Love O'Shea Djilobodji Oviedo
McNair Gibson Gooch
Watmore *striker* Anichebe
Probably summit like that next year.
Its not good but as it stands I would take that now.

Pickford Kone Khazri Lens Defoe . All the loans.
Larsson O'Shea Anichebe Lescott Kirchhoff Pienaar all out of contract.
Personally think Anichebe, O'Shea and Pienaar will all be offered new deals, maybe even Lescott

[.QUWatmore.Aniates33, post: 24952105, member: 11643"]
Mannone
Love O'Shea Djilobodji Oviedo
McNair Gibson Gooch
Watmore *striker* Anichebe
Probably summit like that next year.[/QUOTE]
...................Mannone....................
Jones...O'Shea...Papy...Oviedo
.Ndong..Cattermole..McNair.
Watmore..Anichebe..Borini

Subs: Mika, Love, Lescott,
Rodwell, Gibson, Pienaar, Gooch

f***ing Hell hope we don't go down :eek:
Obviously there'll be a few new signings albeit they'll
be loans and frees

Catts back to Boro.
They'll be in the championship

Last edited:

Pickford
Mika
Jones
Love
Oviedo
Cattermole
Rodwell
Ndong
McNair
Gibson
Gooch
Watmore

Leaving us with

2 GK
2 RB
1 lb
6 cm
1 rw

Pickford will go to a top 6 team regardless imo. Can't see N'dong or Cattermole hanging around either if we go down

Pickford Kone Khazri Lens Defoe . All the loans.
Larsson O'Shea Anichebe Lescott Kirchhoff Pienaar all out of contract.
Personally think Anichebe, O'Shea and Pienaar will all be offered new deals, maybe even Lescott

God i hope not, he's absolutely chronic. O'Shea will probably be alright for a year in the championship, Anichebe would be canny if we agree a sensible contract/pay as you play.

My logic here is ...

With regards to Kone the context of the Everton bid matters- a teams best player that has recently kept them up as they aspire to climb the table in the coming season, after your team has just had a takeover and is trying to buy the best CB of any side that finished below them. This was when Everton bid...

The situation will be extremely different come May, clubs will be looking at a talented player that has had a terrible year in a terrible side, who happen to be bankrupt, up for sale and desperate to recoup any money so they can rebuild. Gueye for example left Villa for 7m. There is a reason why we didnt see the interest in Kone come back over January, and it isnt his new contract, nor do clubs suddenly think he is rubbish. It is because those that want him know they arent in danger of going down and he will potentially be available for a fraction of the cost. The very maximum I could picture us getting for him would be 11m from Boro, Brighton the Mags + whoever else came up. I also wouldnt put it past Villa or Wolves to have a sniff at that price as they like the other sides listed will have to over pay to compete with the likes of Soton, West Brom, 'Leicester', Everton and those at his 'natural' level.

Papy will walk into a cheap 3m move back to France or to a side like Hamburg. The conversation will go along the lines of 'it hasnt worked out in England, get me out of here asap I want a fresh chance'. He is currently in the process of finding a new agent, with a new agent will come a new club, he isnt going to hire somebody that leaves him in the 2nd tier in a country he hasnt seemed to settle in at a club that see him as a laughing stock, no chance. And a relegated SAFC are not in a position to argue over a few million quid in transfer fees. The market of clubs that still think he is OK at football is slim, it is France + Germany, neither nations have high transfer fees outside of the top sides, they have comparable budgets to championship sides.

Khazri is somewhere in the middle of the two of those players, the difference is he isnt athletic, un-athletic players who play in the role he plays in always tend to go for less that you would expect, see Sess, Steed, Ben Arfa, Gaston Ramirez. His reputation is still high.... in Tunisia, and his potential admirers again reside in France, a league that pays in buttons. I wouldnt be surprised to see him go out on a season long loan for nothing to be totally honest, one thing is for sure, he wont be playing for SAFC in the championship with his attitude. Its a similar one to the Mags with Cabella, Thauvin and Saviet, clearly good in France, just cant be arsed and better for everybody if they just arent there when it is a championship environment. Plus we arent in a position to turn anything down.

Borini was bought for 9m, I'm pretty sure we had competition for him then so it wasnt just us over inflating his price because he was our school crush at the time. That said, Di Fanti has already been out and said that his two SAFC clients, namely Mannone and Borini were very close to completing deals back to Italy in January. May wont be January, we wont be a Premier league club is the speculated scenario in this thread materialises. Italian teams dont have 9m to throw at a flop who hasnt played well consistently for what will be 3 years. 5m sounds about right, it is a similar situation as Giacherinni who has a much larger reputation and had just been one of the better players in an international tournament, what was it we got for him? 2m or something ? There might be premier league competition for his signature dont get me wrong, but even still if we get our 9m back on him that will buy us 1/3rd of villas forward line this season. they are 17th.

I'm not accounting for China or some lunatic to pop up in Lebanon or something similar because I gave up crack haha.

I really hope that you are right and that I am wrong, or better yet, we never find out.
We are in huge debt but we are not bankrupt if we were we would be looking at the future of the club or lack of.
All players will be on reduced wages so players like Kone will become attractive targets even for bottom half clubs.
It's about demand.Im a realist I'm not one of these posters who think we will get 50 million for Pickford. Kone is a good defender and will be worth easily 18- 20 million. Everton paid close to 10 million for Williams didn't they and he is 4-5 years older. Kone has proven he can cut it in the premier league so he will command a reasonable price. I can't see Bain letting him go for peanuts because we have a debt to service.
If clubs don't want to pay the going rate I cant see us giving players away. We will sell a few and try to make a quick return to the premier.
The fact we will have the entire squad on just over half the wages they are on with a lot of players leaving on free transfers and expensive loan signings going back to their clubs and the parachute payments gives us some room to negotiate. Take into account a bog standard striker from the championship costs ten million upwards shows we can generate funds. We may well see our annual wage bill reduced by two thirds once Bain has finished his cull.
Players like Papy and more so N'Dong have been signed on reasonable wages so with the 45% wage reduction relagation clause in place we will be able to pay their wages quite comfortably.
The hard part is signing players and getting value for money. I think the loan market once again will be important to us and Moyes will most definately be trying the likes of Asoro and Maja and the Robinson's out in matches from time to time.
Like you said it's best not to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back