Players heading their brains in

It's a serious issue over here in the NFL. Aaron Hernandez, most notably, had massive CTE that -- combined with the drugs he was taking -- likely caused him to go off the deep end as he did. So it's not just dementia to be concerned with.

I know the ball has become far lighter and less waterlogged than the old leather ones from decades ago, so I do wonder whether modern football will show the same injuries.
Just watched a doccu-series on Netflix about this guy, think CTE plus drugs were a major factor in his demise, certainly not helped by the company he kept.

It's a serious issue over here in the NFL. Aaron Hernandez, most notably, had massive CTE that -- combined with the drugs he was taking -- likely caused him to go off the deep end as he did. So it's not just dementia to be concerned with.

I know the ball has become far lighter and less waterlogged than the old leather ones from decades ago, so I do wonder whether modern football will show the same injuries.
I was wondering that from the stats in the report.
A lot of the older fellas played all or some of their careers with the old leather ball.
Were the results worse for that generation than the more recent ones,when the balls became lighter.
I don’t know whether the stats were broken down but it would be interesting to know.

Check out Chris Benoit's story for the ultimate CTE nightmare story.

Back