Player we sold that most gutted you

Big Sam was reportedly going to walk away regardless. Short lied to him about a budget but Big Sam was the one who want N’Dong not Moyes. Moyes said yes cos he was desperate for bodies in

Hes since said he wasn't and its not something he would generally do anyway without a pay off.

That was the strangest transfer out of all time surely
If we'd have had a player capable of doing what Sessegnon did to step in you'd have said fair enough but we simply didn't. Massively stung ourselves to strengthen a rival basically to get the money back we paid for him.

Fot some reason the real kicker for me was Mickey bridges. Thought he was quality and to sell to Leeds was a nightmare. Hate Leeds. Watching him bang 20 goals in was the biggest what could have been as a fan. Some might say Phillip's but we had his best days.
Don Huchison. Massive mistake to let him go and the start of our demise in that era.IMO.

Colin Todd for me as well.
Late 60’s we were average to poor but he was top drawer.
Mainly went to the games to watch him, he was the only one that was as good as the opponent’s best players.
Strangely we may not have won the cup if he had stayed.

Hutchison. Grade A prick these days but he offered more than we had.
Yep, I was gutted when he left. We had something very special with him in the team. Of course, there was that goal and celebration at St James’s…
Don Huchison. Massive mistake to let him go and the start of our demise in that era.IMO.
I share that view.
The team had a balance about it. A completeness that’s very hard to achieve at any level. Then it was all pissed away.
We‘ve generally been abject at making decisions about which players to let go. You can’t just let your most influential players leave without being absolutely sure that you can replace them with better. That was never going to happen.
I hope this new regime aren’t as soft headed as previous ones.

Last edited:

Back