Plastering Course in the north east........

As someone has said Tyne net college or Gateshead construction on the valley. Retraining after an older age is hard though.
I did electrical installation level 2/3 but my age hindered things, that and the fact I’ve no experience. Just shy of 6k wasted and I can’t even give my time away.

How about Weatherspoons. ?
Gan on then! I'll have a pint of Doombar, oh! and a bag of roasties.... ;)
Couple of joiners on our firm in their late 20s n early 30s are thinking of getting into the train driving lark. They’ve an “in” who can help. They’ve seen what the building game did to their dads and......hmmmm.....well me I suppose and a couple of the other idiots who nivver had the sense to jump ship earlier.
Best of luck to them.

Anyone thinking of getting into the building game at 50 wants fuckin locking up for their own good. Sorry to be so abrupt but it’s the truth.

Toupret is your friend
Exactly, anyone who's thinking about this or any other trade in construction, should talk to lads that have worked, or are working in the industry, you'l get the same advise from the majority, stay well clear.

Last edited:
Just one of a few ideas, but bloody hell im not knackered yet, dont mind physical work and I’m aware how physical it actually is.
Looks like there is no courses up here anyway.
Do a PAT Testing course and do it part time as tyou will get work and it's canny pocket money. I used to do it when I was home for 3 weeks at a time. Piss easy to do the gear is cheap enough if you buy second hand and a one day course to get qualified. Simple

Back