plantar fasciitis

Had it for a period of about 6 months or so. I think calf stretches helped get rid of it. One physio stuck electric needles in my foot and it was agony and no good whatsoever.

Got it two year ago , it’s still there slightly , I would like to start running again but know it will flare back up

Most physios say stretch and strengthen calfs

I’ve started waking up with my heels
knacking and it’s usually after a run so I’ve self diagnosed this after googling it.
I’m going to knock the running on the head for a few months and hopefully it’ll go away cos it’s not as bad as some people have had it yet.

Same as @Fletch , had x2 cortisone injections and its OK as long as I don't spend too long on my feet. I've tried to run 1 once in 2 years and the pain came back straight away so I've had to knock that on the head. Its absolutely horrible. Just the anticipation of the pain too before you even stand and walk makes life a misery.

Mine came from years of wearing flat soled trainers with no support, Adidas Gazelles, etc. fashion over function.

Now I always look out for Adidas Torsion trainers as that little bar on the bottom seems to prevent it.
Mine came from years of wearing flat soled trainers with no support, Adidas Gazelles, etc. fashion over function.

Now I always look out for Adidas Torsion trainers as that little bar on the bottom seems to prevent it.

Losing 4 stone probably helped as well, thinking about it.

Last edited:
Mine flares up in the autumn most years - after a summer in flip flops and sandals. It's got better since I started being pickier about my summer shoe habit - I tend to live in my gumbies most summers now - but it's bloody awful when it flares.

Back