plantar fasciitis

I've had it on and off for the last few years. When it's bad I can hardly get out of bed in the morning. I've tried all sorts of things to to deal with it then it will go away for a few months and then return again. Those foot rollers are as good as anything I've tried.

Physio told me to push my foot against skirting board so your toes are pointing to ceiling and sole of foot is flat on floor. Do it with a straight leg and knee locked straight. Push hard as you can and hold for 30-40 seconds. Then calf stretches again 30-40 seconds, then golf ball thing. Repeat couple of times. Did this every morning as soon as I got up and every night before bed. In early days if it was knacking in middle of day I'd do it then as well. Sounds daft but it worked for me.

I used a solid rubber ball to roll on the sole of my foot and did Achilles and calf stretches twice a day. It knacks but they all helped. You can really feel it when you do the stretches but it does really relieve it.

Just wrote a post on the other PF thread do the under the foot rolling but concentrate more on the calf muscle.I bought a rubber band from Amazon which you wrap tightly round your calf after I saw a video on you tube .follow the instructions it helped me.

Think im suffering from this at the moment.

my heel is in agony for several days after football or exercise. Checked online and it seems PF is spread across the bottom of the foot? But can also cause pain in the heel.
Any rehab tips or your experiences with it?
Might also be a heel spur if it's just in the heel ?

I was told the pain I was suffering a few years ago was due to this. I was in agony and struggled to walk. Got sent for physio and stretching exercises.Try taking anti inflammatory medication it may settle down if not get professional advice.

my heel is in agony for several days after football or exercise. Checked online and it seems PF is spread across the bottom of the foot? But can also cause pain in the heel.
I was getting it off my work boots changed them and it went

It was the footwear which was causing it in my case, I believe. Bought some gel insoles for all of my shoes, did the foot rolls with a bottle, and bought an electronic foot vibrating massage type machine which I strapped to my foot for 5 minutes each morning.Went in about 3 months.

I suffer from it mate, it's f***ing painful. Things I do are:

Stretch both calves before trying to walk (Especially in the morning when I get out of bed and after sitting for a long period of time).

I use this one regularly against door frame.

Logon or register to see this image

Also I stretched my hamstrings.

Massage foot with a tennis ball. This is painful at first but stick with it. Usually while at work, I roll my foot (applying pressure) over a tennis ball, which massages and stretches the ligaments on the bottom of your foot. It works mate, trust me.

The root cause for my problems are my glutes.

Check how strong your glutes are by Lying on your side, then getting someone to put their weight on your legs. If you can't open your legs at all you have weak glutes. Look at gif below, the helper should press down on your lifting leg with both of their hands and try to stop you lifting your leg.

My underlying problem is that my glute are weak (which is quite common apparently) which causes me to overpronate, which in turn causes strain/stress on my ankles/ligaments. Had I known this years ago, I would have worked on strengthening my glutes, which might have prevented many of my ankle sprains/injuries while doing sport.

Final advice, go to see a professional (physio) who will asses you properly.

Hope this helps mate.

Last edited:
Whatever you do don't get Reflexology on it I did and it made it worse.
Insoles eventually sorted it now get tainted every year or so only.
I suffer from it mate, it's f***ing painful. Things I do are:

Stretch both calves before trying to walk (Especially in the morning when I get out of bed and after sitting for a long period of time).

I use this one regularly against door frame.

Also I stretched my hamstrings.

Massage foot with a tennis ball. This is painful at first but stick with it. Usually while at work, I roll my foot (applying pressure) over a tennis ball, which massages and stretches the ligaments on the bottom of your foot. It works mate, trust me.

The root cause for my problems are my glutes.

Check how strong your glutes are by Lying on your side, then getting someone to put their weight on your legs. If you can't open your legs at all you have weak glutes. Look at gif below, the helper should press down on your lifting leg with both of their hands and try to stop you lifting your leg.

My underlying problem is that my glute are weak (which is quite common apparently) which causes me to overpronate, which in turn causes strain/stress on my ankles/ligaments. Had I known this years ago, I would have worked on strengthening my glutes, which might have prevented many of my ankle sprains/injuries while doing sport.

Final advice, go to see a professional (physio) who will asses you properly.

Hope this helps mate.
Surprised you haven't been given grief for video😎

Last edited:
Using a golf ball on my heel and plenty of rest has made it almost back to normal. Still get the odd twinge

Usually walk 7/8/9 miles a day. So it'll come straight back when I return to work.

What actually is PF? A problematic heel bone?

Using a golf ball on my heel and plenty of rest has made it almost back to normal. Still get the odd twinge

Usually walk 7/8/9 miles a day. So it'll come straight back when I return to work.

What actually is PF? A problematic heel bone?
Read a bit on the net and watching youtube there is different opinions some say it’s the foot others say it’s tension in the calf muscles that then press on the bone and puts stress on the heels.as I said in my post I tried balls,foam roller and massaging the calf then I tried the rubber band which is in the video and that worked the best for me. Have a merry Christmas. At least we have some good news today.

Tried all sorts had it for a year and a half. Finally gave up and got the injection a few weeks ago which so far has provided some long overdue relief and is allowing me to push more with my walking. I'll continue to my physio but hopefully going forward it can be more manageable as at times it's incredibly frustrating

Tried all sorts had it for a year and a half. Finally gave up and got the injection a few weeks ago which so far has provided some long overdue relief and is allowing me to push more with my walking. I'll continue to my physio but hopefully going forward it can be more manageable as at times it's incredibly frustrating
I’ve stopped using my heel pad supports for a few days a week and I think my PF has improved!

It’s all about managing it for me now I think

I’ve stopped using my heel pad supports for a few days a week and I think my PF has improved!

It’s all about managing it for me now I think
I tried everything before the injection. Insoles, stretches, physio, different trainers, different walking boots, medication. Nothing was really consistently working though physio did at times help more often than enough. Hopefully this injection helps and I can push on as I enjoy my walking and last couple of months especially has been a struggle. Done 7 miles today and felt fine.

Back