plantar fasciitis

SAFCTEES

Central Defender
Think im suffering from this at the moment.

my heel is in agony for several days after football or exercise. Checked online and it seems PF is spread across the bottom of the foot? But can also cause pain in the heel.
Any rehab tips or your experiences with it?

Last edited:

Does it go into all of your foot not just the heel?
I had it about 18 months ago, started in the heel and progressed right across the bottom of my foot. Absolutely knacked. Went to doctors, eventually referred to physio. Got simple stretching exercises morning and night. It got better and better completely gone after about 6 months. Still do exercises today as I definitely don't want it back.

Think im suffering from this at the moment.

my heel is in agony for several days after football or exercise. Checked online and it seems PF is spread across the bottom of the foot? But can also cause pain in the heel.
Any rehab tips or your experiences with it?

You're not going to like it, but get a golf ball and roll your heel around on it.
It'll absolutely knack, but it'll break things up and hopefully make it feel better

You're not going to like it, but get a golf ball and roll your heel around on it.
It'll absolutely knack, but it'll break things up and hopefully make it feel better
do you roll the heel ?

thought you just roll the base of the foot (the plantar itself ) ?

feels like im walking with lego in my shoe, even walking the dog is a chore now
That sounds exactly the same as me. Try the exercises posted by Shandy drinker. Like I said I did them morning and night without fail. It starts to ease but still really painful first thing in morning. It'll take a while but it worked for me. Good luck.

Plantar knacks. I got it a few years back after I started running and I upped the miles too quick.

Calf raises and rolling a golf/tennis ball or foam roller on sole of foot help a bit but just think its rest that is needed.

You can get a proper sock to wear in bed but I didnt bother....

Last edited:

Back