plantar fasciitis

Takes time but what helped for me has been mentioned above:

1) Get your calves loosened up - foam rolling works well.
2) Freeze a 500ml bottle of water and roll it under your foot a few times throughout the day.
3) Take ibuprofen - not just for the pain - helps reduce any inflammation.

Good luck - it’s a bastard!

Wife had this really bad, to the point of getting steroid injections in foot for a couple of months. She says the 2 suggestions above about rolling something cold under the foot really helped when it was painful - she put golf balls in the freezer and used one of those when it was bad. Ultimately finding decent footwear that just suited her feet helped, ended up being Skechers that helped the most as she's on her feet all day but after about 6 months it just started to ease off and disappear.

Had it really bad about 4 years ago when I was running lots.

Tips

Buy a spike massage ball (looks like a dog toy) and roll your bare feet all over it.f***ing nacks but helps.

Stretch each individual toe back and hold for a few seconds,do that a few times a day.

Swear at it - it's about as reliable as anything else for getting it to fuck off but at least feels better while you're doing the swearing.

I get flare ups of it and it's a bloody bastard - stretching out my calves is about the only thing that helps long term but it still hurts like buggery when it's around.

Summer in flip flops is usually the cause of mine - but I never bloody learn my lesson on that front.

Had it really bad about 4 years ago when I was running lots.

Tips

Buy a spike massage ball (looks like a dog toy) and roll your bare feet all over it.f***ing nacks but helps.

Stretch each individual toe back and hold for a few seconds,do that a few times a day.
I e got it now mate , it’s awful

Takes time but what helped for me has been mentioned above:

1) Get your calves loosened up - foam rolling works well.
2) Freeze a 500ml bottle of water and roll it under your foot a few times throughout the day.
3) Take ibuprofen - not just for the pain - helps reduce any inflammation.

Good luck - it’s a bastard!
Yeah I've started with the calf massages at the sports Clinic at work and I can feel a difference. Some good suggestions by folk on here, so they are all appreciated. It very much seems to be a case of trial and error. Thanks a lot

Any tips how to get it to piss off?
Plantar Fasciitis ffs
Rest and physio followed by a good sports massage, a bit of yoga and gently introduce barefoot/minimalist shoes....you’ll never get it again. Modern trainers are the spawn of the devil. Have a read of Born to Run for the science behind it, loads of proof and evidence online to support minimalist running as well.

Any tips how to get it to piss off?
Plantar Fasciitis ffs
Put your foot flat on the floor when sitting down and use your toes (using your big toe the most) to crawl your foot away from you and repeat. You’ll have been stretching your big toe towards the sky no doubt so doing what your brain says your ligament needs but not what it actually does. You need to contract ligaments when they’ve been overstretched but your brain says stretch.

Back