plantar fasciitis.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 26
  • Start date
Having a lovely time with this. Its been hovering around the last few month but seems to have really become a lot more painful the last few days. I know everybody is different but on average how long did everybody's take to clear up? Ordered some compression socks and gonna make a physio appointment too.

move discovered over the years that it’s important to find the cause in order to get it treated properly.
Previously I’ve been able to get rid of it with the tennis ball thing / failing down the intensity / new trainers etc... but my recent, ongoing episode (since March last year) is linked to two things : a weaker calf on left side of body, coupled with arthritis in big toe . This means I’m putting too much load through the plantar. I’m busy strenthening these areas and doing more swimming and Yoga which is finally having positive results. My advice would be to get a referral to your Musculoskeletal department for a proper diagnosis as it could well be a symptom of other issues which a physio and lads on the internet may well not pick up on.

move discovered over the years that it’s important to find the cause in order to get it treated properly.
Previously I’ve been able to get rid of it with the tennis ball thing / failing down the intensity / new trainers etc... but my recent, ongoing episode (since March last year) is linked to two things : a weaker calf on left side of body, coupled with arthritis in big toe . This means I’m putting too much load through the plantar. I’m busy strenthening these areas and doing more swimming and Yoga which is finally having positive results. My advice would be to get a referral to your Musculoskeletal department for a proper diagnosis as it could well be a symptom of other issues which a physio and lads on the internet may well not pick up on.

Speculating what my issue is I reckon the street shoes I've been using have been worn out which has instigated it, then the other day I was doing a spot of trail running in some new shoes which aren't too good if I'm honest, and tweaked my calf. Suspect its a combination of those 2 things. The physio I use (Stride in Seaham) was spot on with the last issue I had in my knee in the other leg which was strained knee ligaments. I'll give him a try first and if no joy I'll ask to see the doc and see if they'll refer me. Don't want to use NHS though unless I absolutely have to. Obviously ongoing since March warrants going like for you!

Speculating what my issue is I reckon the street shoes I've been using have been worn out which has instigated it, then the other day I was doing a spot of trail running in some new shoes which aren't too good if I'm honest, and tweaked my calf. Suspect its a combination of those 2 things. The physio I use (Stride in Seaham) was spot on with the last issue I had in my knee in the other leg which was strained knee ligaments. I'll give him a try first and if no joy I'll ask to see the doc and see if they'll refer me. Don't want to use NHS though unless I absolutely have to. Obviously ongoing since March warrants going like for you!
I got PF in my left foot last year but had no idea at the time what it was and did nothing about it until during a five a side match something in my heel suddenly went and the pain was excruciating. Still didn’t see the doc for a while until it got to the point I fucked my left knee by walking differently to compensate for the foot pain. Had NHS physio, bought insoles from Boots and two months later was a lot better.
Fast forward a year and the footys been fine but I started running three times a week in early Jan, and noticed my left knee starting to throb a bit, which I put down to my body getting used to more exercise. Now my bastard PF is back in the left foot and my knee is so sore I can barely walk in the morning. My new doc says the knee is patella femoral disorder which I’m not sure I agree with.
Long winded but I need to know - are private physio or podiatry sessions expensive? Cheers all.

Sorry to hijack the thread but has anyone ever knacked their lower back badly and when it recovered been left with a pretty severe trapped nerve between the lower back/hip? Any advice on how to get rid? I enjoy my beer and food.too much to be unable to exercise.

Had an X ray, nowt was broken.

Sorry to hijack the thread but has anyone ever knacked their lower back badly and when it recovered been left with a pretty severe trapped nerve between the lower back/hip? Any advice on how to get rid? I enjoy my beer and food.too much to be unable to exercise.

Had an X ray, nowt was broken.

I’m no expert but sounds to me like your core is weak as fuck mate.

I’m no expert but sounds to me like your core is weak as fuck mate.

I can't deny that . I thought I was mint as a youngin doing the t shirt muscles. Not the case now, I appreciate the biomechanics as an older adults and that core is more important. I would by lying if I said I had a decent core.

was just hoping that some one else had had a similar experience and knew how to get out of it.

I can't deny that . I thought I was mint as a youngin doing the t shirt muscles. Not the case now, I appreciate the biomechanics as an older adults and that core is more important. I would by lying if I said I had a decent core.

was just hoping that some one else had had a similar experience and knew how to get out of it.

Just hard work mate unfortunately. I’d google some beginners core exercises and start trying those, if sounds like the weight you’re carrying won’t be helping either, there’s no shortcuts to any kind of healthier lifestyle except looking after yourself. Took me a long time to realise that myself mind.

I got PF in my left foot last year but had no idea at the time what it was and did nothing about it until during a five a side match something in my heel suddenly went and the pain was excruciating. Still didn’t see the doc for a while until it got to the point I fucked my left knee by walking differently to compensate for the foot pain. Had NHS physio, bought insoles from Boots and two months later was a lot better.
Fast forward a year and the footys been fine but I started running three times a week in early Jan, and noticed my left knee starting to throb a bit, which I put down to my body getting used to more exercise. Now my bastard PF is back in the left foot and my knee is so sore I can barely walk in the morning. My new doc says the knee is patella femoral disorder which I’m not sure I agree with.
Long winded but I need to know - are private physio or podiatry sessions expensive? Cheers all.

It’s an absolute bastard. Couldn’t run through Feb. Did a 2 miler last week and it was like running with someone elses legs. I could hardly control where they were going.

I got some of those boots insoles but they were worse than useless and actually seemed to exaggerate the problem.

doing some stretches the physio has told me to do but it’s not a quick fix for me. I guess age and condition is my enemy too. My fella charges £40 consultancy and £25 for follow ups. Includes a sports massage too to ease off muscles.

It’s an absolute bastard. Couldn’t run through Feb. Did a 2 miler last week and it was like running with someone elses legs. I could hardly control where they were going.

I got some of those boots insoles but they were worse than useless and actually seemed to exaggerate the problem.

doing some stretches the physio has told me to do but it’s not a quick fix for me. I guess age and condition is my enemy too. My fella charges £40 consultancy and £25 for follow ups. Includes a sports massage too to ease off muscles.
I’ve ordered some hopefully better insoles now and started wearing compression socks. Thanks for the info, think I’ll find a decent physio type near me and see how I get on.
How old are you out of interest? I’m 50.

Back