plantar fasciitis.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 26
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 26

Jesus H, this isn't nice is it !!

Apart from stretching, ice and ibuprofen are there any other secret remedies ? Ive not ran for 2 weeks and feel unfit already :lol:

If you want to be posh you can strap it up, there's guides on the internet - but i would really recommend putting some money into proper running trainers as it's usually caused by trainers/shoes being too flat!

If you want to be posh you can strap it up, there's guides on the internet - but i would really recommend putting some money into proper running trainers as it's usually caused by trainers/shoes being too flat!
Aye I've got some, I think it was the trainers I was wearing to get to work in. I've bought a splint, which seems to work.

I use a golf ball, it hurts but seems to work
Bought some wooden balls off eBay, knacks :lol:

Apart from stretching, ice and ibuprofen are there any other secret remedies ? Ive not ran for 2 weeks and feel unfit already :lol:

Had lots of PF problems with the distances I used to run......For many the issue is a lack of flexibility in the calves.....Also be careful of the heel/toe drop in the running shoes you are wearing.....I switched to Hokas which were brilliant to start with, loved the ride but then started getting PF problems.....Didnt realise but the heel/toe drop in the trainers I normally wear are 10 to 12mm.......In the Hokas it was 3-5 mm.......I bought some stick in heel raisers on the advice of a well know Cramlington Trail running shop and never had an issue since.....

So in short.....Stretching to develop flexibility in your calves and check the drop on shoes.

Last issue I had was flat feet, this means that the fascia that connects your toes to your heal is always taught and tugs at the connection with the heel (hence the pain).....PF is a problem for many runners with flat feet, motion control trainers on the roads and/or orthotics with a solid instep will help massively....If you have flat feet they take a while to get used to, felt like walking with a golf ball under my instep for first few weeks.

Also keep a frozen 2 litre bottle of water in your freezer.....When you get back off runs then role it under your foot for 10 mins and it will help take any heat/swelling out of the heel.

Had lots of PF problems with the distances I used to run......For many the issue is a lack of flexibility in the calves.....Also be careful of the heel/toe drop in the running shoes you are wearing.....I switched to Hokas which were brilliant to start with, loved the ride but then started getting PF problems.....Didnt realise but the heel/toe drop in the trainers I normally wear are 10 to 12mm.......In the Hokas it was 3-5 mm.......I bought some stick in heel raisers on the advice of a well know Cramlington Trail running shop and never had an issue since.....

So in short.....Stretching to develop flexibility in your calves and check the drop on shoes.

Last issue I had was flat feet, this means that the fascia that connects your toes to your heal is always taught and tugs at the connection with the heel (hence the pain).....PF is a problem for many runners with flat feet, motion control trainers on the roads and/or orthotics with a solid instep will help massively....If you have flat feet they take a while to get used to, felt like walking with a golf ball under my instep for first few weeks.

Also keep a frozen 2 litre bottle of water in your freezer.....When you get back off runs then role it under your foot for 10 mins and it will help take any heat/swelling out of the heel.
Cheers, went for a short run on Friday and the water bottle helped

Try some special new trainers or inserts, seemed to improve someone I know. Look online ir ask at sorts shops. I hear Sports Direct have a place for them in the Newcastle store.

Try some special new trainers or inserts, seemed to improve someone I know. Look online ir ask at sorts shops. I hear Sports Direct have a place for them in the Newcastle store.
Aye, my running trainers support fine. Think it was the others I was wearing.

Back