plantar fasciitis.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 26
  • Start date
Been to the docs today. The physio who i saw seems to think its PF but the pain is caused by the tendon on the bone being aggravated

Just go to keep up with exercises and wait for an appointment with the MSK department.

So frustrating

It's not pleasant. Mine is niggly at best at the moment the last few weeks but main thing is I'm able to get out for walks which is a massive improvement from August-December. Doing all sorts, calf stretches, trying a new stretch at the moment, roller spike ball, the rolling pin stick thing, compression socks, insoles and just tonight got some gel heel insoles to try. Hopefully physio at the university can get back up and running soon as that was so so good. Steady away

She also said I should start trying to run a little bit on it to try and aggravate the injury. It might quicken up he heeling process......

I struggled with Plantar Fasciitis for well over a year. Horrible pains.

The only way I fixed it was by making sure I committed to a routine for a few months. Rolling a bottle of ice morning and night for 5-10mins. Using a resistance band to stretch out my calves day and night. Heel raises on a step on the staircase every morning and night. Massaging my heel with my thumbs too. I stopped exercising for that period, but would have gone swimming if it was a feasible option. *Touch wood* haven't had any problems with my feet since for a few years

Been to the docs today. The physio who i saw seems to think its PF but the pain is caused by the tendon on the bone being aggravated

Just go to keep up with exercises and wait for an appointment with the MSK department.

So frustrating
What exercises they give you mate ?

I’ve had mine nearly 6 month .
I went see nhs last week and been given a 12 week loading program , leaflet says can last up to 18 month ffs!
I’ve got stretches but also specific 12 week calf loading to do every 48 hours with a rolled towel under your toes .
If on Facebook (I’m not) look up The Endurance Physio, he does a video on plantar fash , or google it ? Maybe worth a look but up to you .
Mines a constant 4-5/10 but doing zero exercise . Not great for mental health with lockdown thrown in.
Haven’t given up yet but at moment it’s constantly shit like Lego in shoe

I’ve had mine nearly 6 month .
I went see nhs last week and been given a 12 week loading program , leaflet says can last up to 18 month ffs!
I’ve got stretches but also specific 12 week calf loading to do every 48 hours with a rolled towel under your toes .
If on Facebook (I’m not) look up The Endurance Physio, he does a video on plantar fash , or google it ? Maybe worth a look but up to you .
Mines a constant 4-5/10 but doing zero exercise . Not great for mental health with lockdown thrown in.
Haven’t given up yet but at moment it’s constantly shit like Lego in shoe

Don't give up on it whatever you do, it feels like it isn't doing much for a while. The importance of gaining strength in your calves and having greater flexibility is absolutely key.

These bands are life savers, even just stretching the calves out whilst watching tv helps a lot if anyone is struggling and hasn't tried one.

Incredible scenes

After 3 days of messaging the bone the pain has gone!

Scared to try running on it yet though.
Is that innuendo ?
Incredible scenes

After 3 days of messaging the bone the pain has gone!

Scared to try running on it yet though.
The actual heel pad ? Or just the base of the foot ?
Don't give up on it whatever you do, it feels like it isn't doing much for a while. The importance of gaining strength in your calves and having greater flexibility is absolutely key.

These bands are life savers, even just stretching the calves out whilst watching tv helps a lot if anyone is struggling and hasn't tried on

take you had it at some point mate ? How long last ?

Last edited:
Is that innuendo ?

Right on the bone, so massaging it in from the side under the heel pad. Does hurt at first then hugely eases

Still haven't ran on it yet

Is that innuendo ?

It lasted for about a year. Unbearable pain at times. I was always on my feet at work too. Before being 'diagnosed' with it, I thought it was Plantar Fasciitis, and I did a few exercises. But I never kept them up until the doctor finally told me what it was. Which I do regret. Even though I don't have any more problems with it I still keep up my calf exercises. I think keeping them strong might help future problems

It lasted for about a year. Unbearable pain at times. I was always on my feet at work too. Before being 'diagnosed' with it, I thought it was Plantar Fasciitis, and I did a few exercises. But I never kept them up until the doctor finally told me what it was. Which I do regret. Even though I don't have any more problems with it I still keep up my calf exercises. I think keeping them strong might help future problems
6 month for me now mate and not really much change . Have had bad Achilles injury in past but this is far worse as can’t even enjoy going for a walk , mentally it’s pretty tough going . Will stick at it and thanks advice

6 month for me now mate and not really much change . Have had bad Achilles injury in past but this is far worse as can’t even enjoy going for a walk , mentally it’s pretty tough going . Will stick at it and thanks advice

Best of luck. You'll pull through it. Calf raises on the stairs will be helpful. /pop a bottle of water in the freezer until it sets and roll your heel on it. WIll be a bit sore, but if you're hitting the right spots it'll help. 'No pain no gain'

If you stick with this you should feel a bit better even after a month or two. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is leaving it alone hoping it'll heal, because it's very unlikely to help it. Take care

There’s a lad posts on here (I won’t name him) , his brother was the best runner in the north east at one point and won the Blaydon race , he had to quit running while still young and years later is still in some discomfort

Best of luck. You'll pull through it. Calf raises on the stairs will be helpful. /pop a bottle of water in the freezer until it sets and roll your heel on it. WIll be a bit sore, but if you're hitting the right spots it'll help. 'No pain no gain'

If you stick with this you should feel a bit better even after a month or two. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is leaving it alone hoping it'll heal, because it's very unlikely to help it. Take care
im doing them single leg mate , with a rolled towel under the toes to extend the toes upwards , sore afterwards mind , think you are right though just complete rest will not fix it , needs mobility and strength

Took the plunge and went for a 1mile walk/run on Friday. No pain afterwards thankfully. Heading out again today
take it easy mate , fingers crossed for you

im doing them single leg mate , with a rolled towel under the toes to extend the toes upwards , sore afterwards mind , think you are right though just complete rest will not fix it , needs mobility and strength

take it easy mate , fingers crossed for you
That will surely be helping. I'm no physio, but I wouldn't neglect your other calf muscle though with the strengthening. Good luck pal! 👍

The other thing you may consider is KT taping it - works a treat for me if I get a flare up of tendonitis on top of my foot - never used it for PF but there are specific taping patterns to help with it.

Back