plantar fasciitis.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 26
  • Start date

left calf is a lot better but the pain in the heel remains but not as bad recently since taking naproxen. podiatry in 2 weeks time, going to push for an MRI as mentioned above.

reading far too much online about what it could be, it's a minefield of information

Posted the below the other day on a forum. Had a call back from my GP & to be honest I'm feeling massively down & frustrated. GP said he doesn't have the authority to ask for an MRI scan. He said it may well be something I've just got to live with & manage which I find ridiculous given I've not had any sort of diagnosis. Anyway he's referred me to orthopaedics. I am massively frustrated. **Had issues for around 3 year now. Originally diagnosed as PF after ultrasound Sept 2021 and had injection Dec 2021 which worked well until May 2022. Since then different kind of pain, more around the left heel area. Ultrasound in August 2022 suggested PF was ok so no PF diagnoses but all they said was inflammation around the left heel area after quizzing the doctor as originally on my records the ultrasound as "satisfactory". I've been to podiatry today & they mentioned "it could be fat pad" but he didn't really do anything and didn't even touch the heel of my foot. I guess it's possible but I need a more definite as this is becoming frustrating. I am on waiting list for NHS physio, where I work do in house physio/massage with the student clinic which has been great over the years and is starting again soon

I am on waiting list for NHS physio, where I work do in house physio/massage with the student clinic which has been great over the years and is starting again soon
Is it even worth waiting for NHS physio? When I was getting treated for my back-knack the lass said the NHS give you 4-6 sessions and that’s it.

Is it even worth waiting for NHS physio? When I was getting treated for my back-knack the lass said the NHS give you 4-6 sessions and that’s it.
I went private the other day and they have suggested it could be tibial related. I have physio next week at work at the student clinic also. Just got to keep at it really. Very frustrating but hopefully this physio will help

Had a burning sensation on the base of my foot, went to the doctor and he knew what it was immediately.

I roll a frozen bottle around under my foot with a reasonable amount of force, it hurts like hell but fella amazing after about 20 minutes.
The doctor told me it’s a long recovery and said testing it won’t help, it needs to be worked out. He told me to continue playing footy but to do all my icing and stretches before I get out of bed and as soon as I finish work/sports.

The pain is always there just the severity of it varies. He also said it could be 18 months to heal properly.
Nothing started this. It just started hurting

Had a burning sensation on the base of my foot, went to the doctor and he knew what it was immediately.

I roll a frozen bottle around under my foot with a reasonable amount of force, it hurts like hell but fella amazing after about 20 minutes.
The doctor told me it’s a long recovery and said testing it won’t help, it needs to be worked out. He told me to continue playing footy but to do all my icing and stretches before I get out of bed and as soon as I finish work/sports.

The pain is always there just the severity of it varies. He also said it could be 18 months to heal properly.
A lot of stretching and massage into the calf helps.

Got it, achillies tendinitis and this weekend my back went doing the garden! I'm dropping to bits. Doing exercises from physio in seaham and feet improving slightly, long road back this one :(

This is exactly how I've pretty much fully healed mine

Also wearing Adidas sliders in the house (doesn't have to be Adidas like but they have a raised bit in the middle) as I was getting most pain when walking about the house barefoot

This is exactly how I've pretty much fully healed mine

Also wearing Adidas sliders in the house (doesn't have to be Adidas like but they have a raised bit in the middle) as I was getting most pain when walking about the house barefoot
I walk a lot in my job and it’s killing me everyday.
I soak my feet in ice cold water after work for about 10 minutes then do the frozen bottle thing until it’s either melted or I can’t handle it anymore.
It’s been 4 days of this so far and no change at all, but I’m persistent about this and gonna give it 2 weeks.
I’m also gonna add in the sliders part in the house, I don’t have carpet so I’m sure that’ll play a part

I walk a lot in my job and it’s killing me everyday.
I soak my feet in ice cold water after work for about 10 minutes then do the frozen bottle thing until it’s either melted or I can’t handle it anymore.
It’s been 4 days of this so far and no change at all, but I’m persistent about this and gonna give it 2 weeks.
I’m also gonna add in the sliders part in the house, I don’t have carpet so I’m sure that’ll play a part

I have wooden flooring and honestly the sliders were a game changer

Just realised you said you are using a frozen ball, I just used a tennis ball, but it was a rock hard one as normal ones can be quite soft

For those struggling with plantar and heel pain, do any of you have a noticeable lump on your heel?

Around the insertional point of your Achilles.
It's called a heel spur and if you have one it's likely to need surgery. Bone deposits build up causing spur like formations, not nice. Alternative is its swelling caused by muscle and it goes away with rest and specific exercises to recover.

It's called a heel spur and if you have one it's likely to need surgery. Bone deposits build up causing spur like formations, not nice. Alternative is its swelling caused by muscle and it goes away with rest and specific exercises to recover.

Enthesophytes. As you say, not nice at all and hope it doesn’t require a partial detachment of the Achilles to remove it though likelihood is it probably will.

Having mine done in late July after years of recurrent pain.

Enthesophytes. As you say, not nice at all and hope it doesn’t require a partial detachment of the Achilles to remove it though likelihood is it probably will.

Having mine done in late July after years of recurrent pain.
Don't have spurs as far as I know. Plantar and achillies tendinitis. It's pissing me right off now as been inactive for months. Can walk now but slow recovery. Due to recommence marathon training in winter so hoping I can get jogging at least by September

Don't have spurs as far as I know. Plantar and achillies tendinitis. It's pissing me right off now as been inactive for months. Can walk now but slow recovery. Due to recommence marathon training in winter so hoping I can get jogging at least by September

Never run with pain above 5 out of 10 and you should be good. If your Achilles ever gives you trouble, rest, rest and rest it some more would be my advice to anyone.

Tight footwear and lots of sport with minimal recovery heavy on the Achilles for 20 years or so and both of mine are goosed.

It’ll be a 6-9 month recovery for the right one and the left we should be able to do through minimally invasive surgery so 2-3 months.

That’ll do me. I’m young enough to still have health ambitions and want to be active into my middle and older ages!

Back